z

Young Writers Society

i'm way over my head

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:23 pm
skeptik_225 says...

Ok so I've been looking for a website to satisfy my writing appetite and I think i found it! :D Hi everyone out there in that big world of creativity, I'm skeptik and very much new to this whole online writing forum thing (i hardly know what an emoticon is but i'm willing to learn) i'm 17 and the first thing I think about everyday is what new thing I'm gonna write. So I'm exploring this place with my jaw dropped but my heart fluttered because I didn't even know stuff like this existed (I'm technologically challenged, I still use my grandma's typewriter) So ya, I dont really know what to do after this but this is my small salutation and step towards bigger adventures to come. :mrgreen: (where's a compass when you need one?)

**skeptik

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Feb 14, 2005 5:28 pm
Nate says...

Welcome to YWS! If you have any questions, feel free to ask anybody here; everyone here is friendly and welcoming :)

I've had a computer in my household ever since I was born, and I've been online since 1992 so I can't imagine whatsoever what's it like to only be using a typerwriter. It must be nice though; I mean, sometimes I really, really hate the internet and computers because people used to be so much more social before them. For instance, instead of calling someone up or walking over to their house, you just contact them over instant messenger. It's convenient, which is why I do it, but it's not the same.

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:05 pm
niteowl says...

Ok well here's your gift: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :xmas_wink: :xmas_happy: #-o =D> :thumb: :frosty: :menorah: :dreidel: :xmas_evil: :xmas_cool: =P~ :^o [-X [-o< 8-[ [-( :-k ](*,) \:D/ :-s :-$ :-({|= :sick: =; O:) :-# :hearts_eyes: :love: :lots_hearts: :whistle:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:08 pm
Firestarter says...

Hey, I'm Jack, welcome to YWS.

I've never really known life without a computer either. I think I used a typewriter once but it annoyed me too much.

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:22 pm
Misty says...

welcome and we're thrilled to have you here!

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:24 am
Elelel says...

I am also technologically ... stupid. I knew nothing about the internet until a year or so ago. (well, I knew it existed, I just didn't like using it) There was always a very old computer in my house, only recently did we get one that's any good. I grew up around a typewriter. I never used it, but it was there. The cat used to sleep on it. Welcome!!!
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:50 am
Happy Lizard says...

HI!
I'm new as well! Ilike this place and I'm sure you will to!
Welcome.....wow... I'm already welcoming people, I feel old! :shock: (look at age to see joke)

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:40 pm
ZZAP says...

:roll: I get it?
Yes! Welcome to you too! Enjoy your stay, as I know you will...

-ZZAP
Nate, you will eventually resine or trade powers with me:
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:08 am
skeptik_225 says...

why thank you all! i feel so special...these things work so fast! (my technological ignorance kicks in yet again) Wow! :D I feel very welcome!

In the winter months, snowstorms and rainfall in the Patagonian Ice Fields can drastically affect the landscape. Worsened by heavy winds, such storms can reduce visibility and lead to glacial calving, ice collapses, and avalanches. During these conditions, travel is not advised.
— The Documentarian