z

Young Writers Society

How do you make friends and influence people on TYWS?

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:00 pm
View Likes
Midnight says...

I have to say I don't think I've done myself much favours in the popularity departnment in TYWS :( . Whereas on TYWC I seemed to be liked more (maybe because I'd been there since 1999).

I wonder if it was because I jumped into debate and serious dicussion too quickly? Or tended to find the lounge slightly overwhelming so didn't post often in it. :shock: Or maybe I need to review more?

Anyway this sorry state of affairs, of well not being liked here is getting me down a bit.

So this isn't a 'feel sorry for myself' post. It's a productive, what the hell should I do to make myself involved post.

Any suggestions truely taken with gratitude! :lol:
available

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:19 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

I like you Midnight! Well, what little I've seen of you anyway.

Yes, you probably should post in the Lounge cuz it's fun! And more people will know you exist.

Another thing is join chat as often as you can if you have the time. That will most definitely improve your social status here on YWS. Now that you can't see who's on chat, just join even if you're all alone for a while. Make sure to open it in a new window(right click it) so that you can still browse YWS.

I don't know about the whole debate thing, because I mainly just lurk there and hardly ever post anything since I'm an idiot.

Another thing I almost forgot: Join a usergroup that interests you, or post an idea in the Information and Advertising forum. Just look in Usergroups(duh!)
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:40 pm
View Likes
Emma says...

I can fllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyy

No I can't....

You are liked here! To get more noticed just send in more posts! YEY! :D

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Feb 22, 2005 9:42 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Well I like arguing with you, and you have a good music taste, and you're english, so I like you.

But maybe you should go crazy and post a lot. Like me. Then people couldn't fail to notice me!

65 Reviews

Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:47 pm
View Likes
Midnight says...

Aww sheesh :oops:

honestly didn't put this up to get compliments but they were much appreciated anyways.

See these are all good plans..so, so far debating is good, lounge needs to be more is the gist.

jesus don't think I could ever make 1000 posts! My fingers would fall off.
available

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:44 am
View Likes
ZZAP says...

Popularity! *chuckles* No, I will resist hijacking this thread... 8)

Ummm... Just be different. Be likable. But don't be too gimmeattentionnow! Act yourself, and I'm sure you will do fine!

Z
Nate, you will eventually resine or trade powers with me:
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4

65 Reviews

Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:11 pm
View Likes
Midnight says...

that's comforting :) ok points all taken on. Actually been doing loads of reviewing recently. Partly because i'm saving up for a dress hah!
available

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:46 pm
View Likes
Brian says...

I like ya!

I know it probably does not come off sounding that way in the Debate thread, but anyone who loves to argue is alright by me. I actually thinking something like 95% of my friends are on the complete opposite side of the political spectrum when compared to me...
If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov

65 Reviews

Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:40 pm
View Likes
Midnight says...

Aw tah Brian. really? See I think most of my friends are lefties like me...
available

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:35 am
View Likes
nickelpickle says...

I love people with strong opinons... I think that maybe people just dont notice you as much... but then again, who am I to talk> No one notices me..maybe post in the lounge...

65 Reviews

Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:21 pm
View Likes
Midnight says...

You're very noticed, you're everywhere honestly! Yeah I think I should post in the lounge, it seems like loads of people hang around in the tavern, maybe I should post more there?
available

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Sun Mar 13, 2005 4:26 pm
View Likes
Elizabeth says...

People post everywher... Usually they like you if you give them constructive critisism (I hoop I'm not repeating anything but I was to lazy to read.)
Furthermore it is good to not have enemies or they might turn their friends against you. Which is too late for me.
YWS is more social than TYWC because of it's various chatting areas and the PM's add a special new touch to YWS....

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:03 pm
View Likes
Tessitore says...

Did you steal that topic line from Everclear? Cause if you did, thumbs up. They rock. And no one appreciates them very much around here... well, people that I know at least...

Blurg, well, welcome... I think I've seen you around but, yeah... hello.
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

65 Reviews

Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:27 am
Midnight says...

TBR, Aww but PMs are what make me feel ever so disconnectred from the world of tyws. What is being said that u don't know!

Tessitore,ach no, I knew the line but couldn't remember where it was from. I don't know them unfortunately but would like to...?
available

Random avatar

Reviews: 11
Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:59 pm
View Likes
jossymaiye says...

hi midnight,
may be u just have to
keep talking about things that
interest people...u know?
people are only gonna give u an
eye when they see that u want to talk about what they are interested in.

mean while, we could be very good pals .

I was never insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched.
— Edgar Allan Poe