z

Young Writers Society

Figured it was about time that I showed up here....

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:03 am
Duskglimmer says...

I've been a member for a little while so I figured it was about time that I came in here and said hello to y'all...

I'm Duskglimmer... more commonly known as Dusky or "she who commands the frogs". I love writing, I read everything in sight, I sing whenever I can, draw when I feel like it, and mostly obsess over random things such as LOTR and Phantom of the Opera.

I come from a semi-big family (1 brother, 3 sisters, 2 parents), and I'm exactly in the middle (2 older sibs, 2 younger). I live in the boonies (the middle of nowhere for anyone that's never heard that phrase before) and I love being able to go to the 'burg where all my friends live.

Besides that, I'm just a normal kid. So... yeah... I'm gonna go find a hole to crawl into now.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:20 am
Areida says...

Hey Dusk! I know exactly what the boonies are...lol...I live just outside them, thank goodness. :wink: Your family is bigger than mine (I've got three sisters and no brothers) but semi-big families are cool

"She Who Commands Frogs", huh? Me likey. :D I am usually called Duchess Kiwi...kind of a long story between me and my friends, lol. I like to sing too...what do you sing? Alto? Soprano?
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:30 am
Meshugenah says...

POTO? hehe, yes! Another one! Book, show, or movie? A combo of them? All three? lol
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

447 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:45 am
Duskglimmer says...

ALL THREE!! Though I'm more into the movie and the book than the show...

areida07 wrote:Hey Dusk! I know exactly what the boonies are...lol...I live just outside them, thank goodness. :wink: Your family is bigger than mine (I've got three sisters and no brothers) but semi-big families are cool

"She Who Commands Frogs", huh? Me likey. :D I am usually called Duchess Kiwi...kind of a long story between me and my friends, lol. I like to sing too...what do you sing? Alto? Soprano?

He he he... just outside the boonies, huh? You got lucky! And I really love my family for the most part. Sharing a room with 2 younger sisters can be a bit of a trial though.

And I sing 2nd Soprano. Though I haven't been part of a formal chior in over a year. Meh. I should do that again.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:49 am
Areida says...

Ah...I think I'd die...I have to share a bathroom with my older sister and that's bad enough. 'Course that's at home...when I'm at my mom's we all just kind of sleep wherever and we're all crammed together...meh.

You should find another choir...I sing w/my church's youth choir and I love it. Unfortunately the other two first sopranos are going to graduate in May (one of which is my sister) so I'll be the only one, lol...hopefully we'll get another...nobody wants to hear me by myself. :?
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

447 Reviews

Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:56 pm
Duskglimmer says...

lol. It's really not all that bad... Our room is a huge mess, so I just remind my younger sibs where MY piles are, and which piles they can't clean up without my permission, and etc. and it works out pretty okay... unless more than one of us is in a "this is my room, get out and leave me alone" mood. Then we have a battle on our hands... *sets face in mock grimness and bangs sword on shield*

I used to be in my church's teen chior. But that broke up because we didn't have enough guys. And then we tried to do a girls' teen chior, but all but one of our altos quit, and all but 1 of our 1st Sopranos graduated, and about half of our 2nd Sopranos dropped out too... So we were left with about 5 girls, none of which were real comfortable singing on thier own, and it was just decided that the group would be better off disbanded. So that was that.
Boo. SPEW is watching.

A ruler leads by example, not force.
— Sun Tzu