z

Young Writers Society

It's a Bird...It's a Plane...No...It's Skye Demon!

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:29 pm
View Likes
Skye says...

Heya! I'm Skye Demon, also known as Meg in "real life." I am a 14-year-old vegetarian and am in eighth grade (second year in Secondary School in the UK, I believe). I live in the US of A, but wish I didn't.

I have been writing for a long time. In Kindergarten I won a "Best Story in Class" award for a story about a little bunny named Hot Chocolate. I recently started umm...*counts* three novels, I believe. Yep, simultaneously. I like it; as soon as I get a block on one story, I can go to another. By the time I hit a block on that story, my subconscious has come up with something for the other one. I am also a Fantasy writer through and through. I was the kid in second grade that thought trees could talk and was always failing Reading worksheets that asked questions like "Could the dish really run away with the spoon?" and "Could the moon really make friends with the sun?" Of course, the answers to both of those are "Yes."

Other things I enjoy (besides writing) are sports (even though I'm only moderately athletic), drama, listening to music (I don't play any instruments or sing, though), and reading, and sleeping. That's all I can think of at the moment. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Ciao!
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

145 Reviews

Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:57 am
View Likes
Tara says...

Welcome, Skye, even tho you've been a member for longer then I...So...how's everything going? Do you like being called Meg or Skye? Meg's a cool name. Hey! You'r a vegetarian, too? cool! Wulp, better go. I'm gonna go post on the other posts at the very bottom of this topic. :D
~Tara
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:59 am
Meshugenah says...

hiya skye! didn't see this! lol how's if going? Dramma, nice. Haven't acted in a whiel myself, but it was fun :D
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

145 Reviews

Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:06 am
Tara says...

Acting, fun stuff. Love it. I love writing short scripts for corny horror movies and acting them out with my friends :twisted:
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

145 Reviews

Wed Jan 26, 2005 10:09 pm
Skye says...

Hello!

Tara: I definitely prefer being called Skye! And Vegetarians rock! ^.^

Mesh: Yeah, drama's awesome, but I haven't had the best luck lately. Didn't make the part I wanted in the calss musical. I still got a main-ish part, but not the best one. Good news is, my best friend did, so that's all right I suppose. I don't actually _write_ scripts. Though I have thought of ways of improving said musical. ;)
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

145 Reviews

Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:32 am
Tara says...

Lol! Vegetarians unite! In the pueblo south of here, they say "vegetarian=old indian word for bad hunter." :lol: Love the new avy!

145 Reviews

Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:54 pm
View Likes
Skye says...

LOL, yeah, I've heard that before. Here's something else I had to write about myself that I thought I would post here (it's also in my bio in my profile).

I love to have fun. My friend thinks I have an anime smile because my eyes crinkle up. I love to smile. I love to just goof around. I'm a vegetarian. I am Liberal and despise Bush. I love to play volleyball and dance (ballet, modern), though I'm not very good. I hate war. I always have to have the last word. I'm honest (most of the time...no, that's a lie). I brag too much. I hate bugs. I love to travel. I don't follow the crowd. I am a leader without followers. I love rain. I love art class. I love trees. I hate wearing shoes. I love drama. I love to sing, but I'm terrible at it. I love water. I love beaches. I love warmth. I love sun. I love sunrises and sunsets. I love just sitting alone for hours. I love the outdoors. I hate TV. I hate winter. I hate snow. I love friends. I love jumping into puddles. I love family. I love to write. I love food. I love history class. I hate math. I love browsing atlases, looking for new places. I love the internet and the whole wide world it exposes me to. I am opinionated. I love to express myself. I love to dance and sing and jump and skip for no reason. I love life!

Poetry lies its way to the truth.
— John Ciardi