Young Writers Society

A little Introduction...

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:16 pm
View Likes
Griffinwings says...

Hi everybody. -nervous wave-

Woah, it seems like so long since I've joined a forum like this! I'm tongue-tied. OK. Sorry, I'll pull myself together. -deep breath-

Yep, well I found this site on a directory; I've been looking for somewhere I can improve my writing and develop a style for a while now, and this community seems friendly and, well, convenient. As for me as a writer, well... I'm not really worthy to be called a writer in that I don't do it very much. I scare myself that I'm no good and due to a few problems with low self-esteem (well, a few more than a few), I tend to hate every single word I write! I'm hoping to be able to be more confident with my creative writing here by posting some of my work and asking for critical help and advice.

I generally write fantasy pieces, often from my stable 'world', about my stable characters, but more than occasionally about characters I've never even heard of before in places that I've never seen before, in real life or in my head. That's probably my favourite thing about writing, to be honest. When I can just forget myself and let people flow from the nib of my pen. Or, y'know, the broken pencil. ^^

Anyways, enough of my semi-coherent rambling. I do hope I can meet at least a few of you and will be able to exchange smilies with some fellow writers. -grin-

[/i]
My imaginary friend thinks you're weird.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:29 pm
View Likes
Duskglimmer says...

Hey, Griffinwings.

I haven't been here that long, but I think the site will be alot of what you're looking for. On the stories that I've posted, I've gotten several very constructive comments, and they really help.

See you around.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:52 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

Uh, yeah, what she said.

No seriously, welcome, it's a lot of fun here, con't be afraid to post your work!

Here's your welcome gift. :D :) :shock: :? 8) :lol: :P :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :xmas_wink: :xmas_happy: :xmas_cool: :xmas_evil: :dreidel: :menorah: :frosty: :thumb:

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:17 pm
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

yeah, what niteowl said! lol, welcome! i learned not to be afraid of posting my work, and i'm glad of that. the comments really do help :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:34 pm
View Likes
Griffinwings says...

Thanks everybody.
My imaginary friend thinks you're weird.

Reviews: 1
Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:31 pm
View Likes
StormLord says...

Hello! I'm StormLord, some of you know me, some don't. I'll just say that I'm like a summer thunderstorm: Unpredictable
Building a better boneyard

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:58 pm
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

well hello to you too. are you the same stormlord from daniels site? anyhoo, HI!

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:26 am
View Likes
Elelel says...

Hello to you both! I Promise you'll love it here!
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:33 pm
View Likes
Elocina says...

Welcome. (Figures, it'd only be a matter of time before I met Stormlord. Heard about you.)
Griffinwings, this site'll help you out greatly. The people who critique your work do so professionally and compassionately. They give you an idea of what to do, instead of just saying that something's wrong.
Pleased to meet both of your acquaintences.

Sincerly, C.
Feeling stupid? Follow me!

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:42 pm
View Likes
Zion says...

StormLord wrote:Hello! I'm StormLord, some of you know me, some don't. I'll just say that I'm like a summer thunderstorm: Unpredictable

Oh great, he has arrived. *terrible headache* I sooo knew that he will take that avatar, the banzai hamster. A tiny advice, guys DON'T argue with him, or you will get hurt, mentally. j/k he's my best freind for over 10 years, and I showed him this site as usual 8) :roll:
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:45 am
View Likes
Tara says...

StormLord wrote:Hello! I'm StormLord, some of you know me, some don't. I'll just say that I'm like a summer thunderstorm: Unpredictable

Yay! StormLord's here!!!! :D
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:24 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

ARVY, WHAT DID YOU DO?!?!?!

:lol:

Just kiddin, Stormy.

Hey Griffin! I'm Crysi! Just stay away from EBM and you'll be fine. :roll:
Love and Light

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:02 pm
View Likes
nickelpickle says...

Welcome newbie! This is a really great forum and the people are all nice

Nikki
"There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around."

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:08 pm
View Likes
ZZAP says...

Ah! Yes, the new ones... :roll: Almost looked like Storm was the one greeting himself. Got confuzzled for a bit. Hey Grif, I'm the all-knowing, all-girl-loving, all knowledge ZZAP, with the double Z mind you. Later!

-Z

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:43 pm
View Likes
Rei says...

Hi all. I am just here to introduce myself for those of you whohave not seen my post in the Fanatsy section. I have written four books, and am writing my fifth, along with my first full-length stage play, which is an expansion of an 18 minute play I wrote a while back. I probably will not post the full length one, but I might post the shorter version to get thoughts on how to expand on it. My view on books and writing: Reality only belongs in the non-fiction section of the library. Stupid reality. GET OUT OF THE FICTION SECTION!

The magic is only in what books say, how they stitched the patches of the universe together into one garment for us.
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451