z

Young Writers Society

In the dead of night.

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:43 am
PollarBear14 says...

This is by no means a masterpiece and it's not meant to be one. I just wrote a simple poem while eating breakfast. Tell me what you think.

A blank page.
White, like ice,
glinting
In the dead of night.

A full pen.
Still, like a loner,
impatient,
yearning for a purpose.

A tired poet.
Thoughtful like a scholar
waiting
for the words to flow.

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:16 am
View Likes
icanhassuicide says...

This poem has clear meaning, and I love how you thought of it whilst eating breakfast. This is well thought out and carefully rhymed, in such a way that I can almost feel writers block upon me. Excuse me for saying so, but I was quite disappointed it was so short. Try to make it longer next time, and add depth and emotion unto it.
- Little Foot

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:22 am
AngusMacdonald says...

Polar Bear,

I like it actually, I think you were quite hard on yourself in the description.. Not every poem has to solve world hunger! And I think this one is great. Just correct me if I'm wrong here, but is this poem about writers block?
I thought your poem was actually really well composed, and it's short and sharp style made it quite easy and enjoyable to read. I found your descriptive language exceptional, and it made me smile as I read it - because I was just thinking about how a pen must feel when it isn't being used. I also loved how the third line of every stanza was just a single word, I thought that added a great effect to the poem. Overall, just keep up your writing, you're a really great writer! I thought maybe the title of the poem was a bit inappropriate, even though it is mentioned in the poem. Perhaps 'The tools of a poet' or 'The Struggles of a poet.' I don't know. But just keep up the good work polar bear!

Good luck :)
We are the Music-makers. And we are the dreamers of dreams.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:35 pm
View Likes
catslikebooks2 says...

not a masterpiece, but still a work of art! It has a everyday life feel to it. Like, say, you were just eating breakfast. (haha) Anyway I get a homey kind of feel from this poem which is really quite nice and makes me want to smile.
"You know how writers are... they create themselves as they create their work. Or perhaps they create their work in order to create themselves."-Orson Scott Card
Cats are awesome! So are books!so obviously; catslikebooks2!

May you never steal, lie, or cheat. But if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must lie, then lie with me all the nights of your life. And if you must cheat, then please, cheat death.
— An Unknown Bride, Leap Year