Whenever I see roses now
I start to feel sick.
XxXxX

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:06 am
noninjaes says...

I like this poem here. It has a real nice flow and the pictures have been well built. The rhyming scheme is also nice and consistent and the poem is easily read out loud.

What I don't like though is the second stanza's third line. That line doesn't really make sense though if you look hard enough you can see the meaning. I guess that's just me being lazy because a good poem should make the reader stop and think about the meaning and the words used.

Good work with the poem. I don't see any grammatical errors, and the poem has a really nice but sad tone. I would enjoy reading another poem written by you some time.

I like how this is a love story of sorts, one that different people could interpret different meanings in it. That is good because it lets multitudes of people enjoy for many different reasons, rather than a straight up, blunt poem.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:38 am
silentwords says...

I really liked this poem. There were some excellent images and a strong emotion through out the poem. There were some really vivid and creative lines. There was also a nice, steady rhythm throughout, and the rhyming felt natural. I didn't notice any grammar issues. I wasn't crazy about this line though,
I still smell your metallic sorrow,
the pitter patter of your departure
and my blood, it feels so sad
for my pretty little martyr.
It kind of feels out of place, and doesn't really make sense. It was one of those lines, where when you first read it you get thrown off. I think if you change it, then the poem will be able to continue with it's rhythm better.
This was another weirdly worded line:
It was worth the five pound fifty
I understand what you are saying, it just sounds odd. I had to stop and re-read it.

Anyways, I think you have a really nice poem here. I loved the imagery and figurative language! Pm me if you have any questions (:
I'd like to think I'm creative... instead of just plain weird ;D

I was never insane except upon occasions when my heart was touched.
— Edgar Allan Poe