Young Writers Society

Girls, girls, girls 16 and over:

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:42 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

The Purple Mushroom joke? That wouldn't be similar to the Purple Cloud joke would it?

*Jack, official analyser of trans-continental jokes*
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:00 pm
View Likes
Elocina says...

Don't know. This is slightly off-topic, but if you work on the theory that it's a way to make your admiree laugh, here:

A man is walking through the forest. A gnome appears before him and tells him, "Be careful not to step on any purple mushrooms. If you do, you will have to marry the ugliest person in the world." And the gnome dissappears. Now, the man continues through the forest, being verrry careful not to step on any purple mushrooms. When he reaches the end of the forest, a beautiful woman walks up to him and says, "We have to marry." He smiles and says, "Why?"
And she says, "Because I stepped on one of those pesky purple mushrooms."

Actually, not THAT far off-topic. My favorite joke.
Feeling stupid? Follow me!

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:04 pm
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Okay, off-topic again (is it technically possible to go off-topic in an already off-topic forum?), that's not the same joke. I've heard that before, actually.

The purple cloud joke is class....but it's better if you say it.

The only possible thing I've found about girls is most of them like to see confidence. You'd never get a girl if you didn't approach them, didn't attempt to strike a conversation, don't attempt a joke, or anything *not to self - follow own advice*
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:05 pm
View Likes
Tessitore says...

I guess since I'm a chick I got it easy... sort of.

See, I get the guys, but I have to go up to other girls, and in my area that's a risky business since I'm never sure who's just playful and who is actually... you know... bi/lesbian. So... I have issues there. Plus I get that whole, "What if she doesn't like me? Am I wearing the right clothes? Does she like the color black? What if her parents don't approve? Are we going to be able to go out in public? ...did I put on deoderant??"

Exhausting. I pity myself.
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:51 pm
View Likes
Zion says...

C Elocin wrote:When I read Arvy's post about girls scanning my first reaction was "Not so!" ......then I started to think about it. Crap, Arvy, you're right. Even with a boyfriend, I do scan other guys. Not when Joe's around, though. But when I'm alone...sheesh. I don't make a big thing of it, usually scannin them when they aren't looking.

Z, its a compliment to be looked over. And just say what's natural to you. Remind me to tell the Purple Mushroom Joke sometime. Good icebreacker there.

See? Btw, Z abot being shy when chi-I mean girls look at you, return it with a smile at them, don't wink, a good strechy smile. You'll have to be proud then, when I gruop of girls talks good things about you. It can help you build self-confidence. Oh, lovd the joke. Its great! Guys, girls, If you ever need help about anyhing PM me. I'll help you the best way I can. Psychology is my hobby, A VERY BI ONE. I'm planning my second degree to be excatly that. Heck, I can right now build a info of your character. :D But then the topic will go random :P :) AAAAAnyway... I tend to use the James Bond style. Rasing an eyebrow when talking, a wee touch of cold-bloodness, and elegance. Elegance is the key of everything. Maners, all this is the main key. That will show that you are not some punk who dows this only for sex, but a kind gentleman, who knows how to treat a lady
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:11 am
View Likes
-KayJuran- says...

i wrote a poem for someone but...
um... do guys like that sorta thing or
do they just think its mushy & run
away? :? any help?

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:13 am
View Likes
Firestarter says...

It depends...I reckon I'd like it...but I'd probably end up critiquing the poem, highlighting changes and then sending it back to the person :wink:

As long as you don't embarrass him with it....like in front of his mates....if it was in private, I think they'd like it.
Last edited by Firestarter on Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:13 am
View Likes
-KayJuran- says...

bubblewrapped wrote:Personally, being supremely shy, I'd say my advice to guys would be not to come on too strong. I dont know if its just me but persistence can be annoying even as it is slightly flattering and gets kinda awkward (trust me, I know). Let us know you're interested without overdoing it. But yeah, havent had that much experience myself so I cant really talk.

About the serenading thing, however, I'd totally flip if I guy did that. Maybe I'm just cynical or way too self-conscious but that would make me want to curl up and die and I'd probably run away, lol. So be careful with that one. If you know the girl is kind of reserved, then dont pull a stunt like that unless its guaranteed not to embarass her. The poem and rose is a nice idea though. Very sweet.

i agree w the whole thing here... describes me
completely! even tho i know im doing it, i dont
like it if a guy isnt subtle. my friends seem to
have realised so they dont pester me bout it
anymore...! :P

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:22 am
View Likes
ZZAP says...

Arvandor wrote:That will show that you are not some punk who dows this only for sex, but a kind gentleman, who knows how to treat a lady

Show? Hmmmm... so your hidden intension is to be that punk?

-Z
Nate, you will eventually resine or trade powers with me:
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:37 am
Bobo says...

:shock: I hope not. Anyways, I'm glad I'm not bisexual now that um... er... whoever it was mentions those complications. That must get dangerous.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Jan 09, 2005 3:07 am
View Likes
Sam says...

oh yes...
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:31 pm
View Likes
Zion says...

ZZAP wrote:
Arvandor wrote:That will show that you are not some punk who dows this only for sex, but a kind gentleman, who knows how to treat a lady

Show? Hmmmm... so your hidden intension is to be that punk?

-Z

Nope. Never been. Never will be. I hope.... :P In the moment Im listening to Lady Marmalade with Lil'kim, Maya etc. :P

KJ, about your post. Like Firestarter said, not in front of his friends I suppose. Guys don't like that sort of things. Well, at least they say they don't :wink: Still, it depends on his character. But a flower may do the trick also. Guys also have thir femine sides as well.
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:41 pm
View Likes
iced.cappuchino says...

Oh yeah, I also suggest being thoughtful.

Y'know, flowers and chocolates are nice, but one fades and the other fattens. XD

So, y'know, if your gf has sports practice every afternoon, drop off a cool gatorade with a little note in her locker before her practice. If she's working her butt off for midterms, drop a little encouraging note in her mailbox, or locker. Show her your love in everyday ways! :D

And girls, don't be shy to do little thoughtful gestures for your boyfriend either! It's the tradition for men to be gallant, but a little thoughtfulness from girls goes a long way! ;)

64 Reviews

Reviews: 64
Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:40 pm
View Likes
Elocina says...

Thoughtful gestures....sadly, I'm not much up-to-speed on those. Actually, it seems that my main method of appreciation is to tease. Naturally, I don't do this to everyone, so the few that I treat like that are very special. Suddenly, I'm reminded of the 'Marker Wars' with my bf doing lunchbreak in the artroom...Hey, he smeared black marker on my face, serves him right that he couldn't get it off his arms. Meanwhile, my other friends (esp the one that started it all) were laughing their butts off. Most fun I had in my life.
Feeling stupid? Follow me!

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:24 am
View Likes
ZZAP says...

Alright guys, I've got another good hint... Handkerchieves... When a girl starts crying, it doesn't look too good when you sit there having no idea what to do. If your smooth, dab their faces for them. If you do it to be friendly, say, "It's okay" or "Now now, we can't have that." while you clear their tears. But, if you are doing it because you have a crush on them, don't say anything. Just look them in the eyes while you dab them. Or, you could just give them the cloth so that they do it themselves. If you want to go even further, spray some cologne on the tip of your handkerchief to give it a remeberence that it was you that was there for her. Why do I say on the tip? Well, you don't want to be smearing oil into their eyes, as it will sting... lol that will suck if that happens. :roll:

-Z
Nate, you will eventually resine or trade powers with me:
https://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4

If I see an American in real life or a kiwi in a blockbuster, it feels surreal and weird, and like a funny trip.
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi