z

Young Writers Society

I hate Makeup

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:04 pm
Areida says...

How dare you!?

Just kidding. Though I have a friend that doesn't think Brad Pitt is hot....poor thing.

Anyway, this is getting rather OT. So. Makeup.

I wore a little more today because I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night and didn't want my friends to ask me about it (cuz that's annoying) but you couldn't tell. I wore...um...cover-up...eyeliner...and mascara. Yep. That's it.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

148 Reviews

Reviews: 148
Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:23 pm
ohhewwo says...

Yeah, sometimes I wear it. No joke. I wore it at my bands last gig. It's kind of a rocker kind of thing, if strait guys do it. I also do it cause I like to mess with the jack*ss racist rednecks at school! :P

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:40 pm
Areida says...

Rocker dudes can pull it off, but if some preppy, Abercrombie-wearing tennis player did, I'd be worried...LOL..

Same thing with jewelry. Guys in bands can wear it. :twisted: I don't mind.... :D :wink: :twisted:
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:49 am
nickelpickle says...

1. Johnny Depps hott..sorry guyz, but he is...esp. in pirates *faints*

*shakes head and mumbles to self* I am not a prep, I am not a prep...
"There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around."

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:47 pm
Muse says...

i like makeup. I only ever use stuff on my eyes, and then vaseline or something on my lips. Ohhh, or this raspberry lipgloss that tastes scrummy. I dont see the point in foundation. There are all these oompa loompa girls in my year with bright orange faces. It looks horrible.

Eyeliner is the nicest, and you can do so much with it! Like flicks and stuff, and there are so many different colours. I usually only use black or grey.
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:56 pm
Lollipop says...

Ewwww!
Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp and David Beckham are all minging.
Orlando Bloom is the HOTTEST guy I've ever seen!* Goes off to steal Orlando Bloom*
He's mine and no one can have him! Only joking. We can share!
Anyway, what does everyone else think of Orlando Bloom?

~Lollipop~
Way hay!!!!

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:18 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Jude Law. Yuhm.

And now I'm adding to the off-topicness of this thread. So, do boys mind kissing a girl when she's get lipstick/gloss/balm etc on her lips? What if I wore chocolate flavoured lip balm, would that be good, or not?

Wore my usual lip balm today, whenever I try to put eyeliner on I do it too thick and end up looking like a pirate.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Thu Apr 07, 2005 4:37 pm
Muse says...

it can be a bit sticky though, can't it? If its a really glossy one it can be i think..
"Sometimes we see a cloud that's dragonish,
A vapour sometimes like a bear or lion,
A towered citadel, a pendant rock,
A forked mountain, or blue promontory,
With trees upon't that nod unto the world,And mock our eyes with air.."

162 Reviews

Reviews: 162
Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:39 pm
nickelpickle says...

oh yea...orlando bloom is hott....lol...pirates w/ johnny depp and orlando in one... *stares dreamily

anyway...thats a good question....do guyz like it when girls kiss them w/ lipgloss on??? guyz, come on.....tell us, we won't kill you :) to stay on topic, I am sitting here listening to my music and looking into my makeup mirror.....I just finished my makeup..lol
"There's a light at each end of this tunnel,
You shout 'cause you're just as far in as you'll ever be out
And these mistakes you've made, you'll just make them again
If you only try turning around."

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:46 pm
Firestarter says...

I really don't care, as long as I like the girl, I don't really give a damn.

I use lip balm myself, because I get chapped lips a lot. But lip gloss and lipstick are fine, it doesn't make any difference.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Thu Apr 07, 2005 9:06 pm
Writersdomain says...

I think makeup is really annoying and don't use it unless on special occasions. It's fine to look nice, but if you're trying to impress someone, I think it's stupid 'cause I want people to see my personality, not my appearance and like me for that.
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

321 Reviews

Reviews: 321
Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:08 am
Liz says...

I wear make up because I look awful without it; my lifestyle isn't the healthiest hahahha.
I wear foundation, mascara, eyeliner and lipstick, and that's nothing compared to some of my friends. I agree over the top makeup looks bad unless you're on stage or whatever.
And as for kissing with lipgloss on...not good. It's too slippery if you've got too much on. Lipstick's okay, but sometimes some ends up on their lips. Haha.
purple sneakers

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:57 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Argh, liquid eyeliner makes me look like a pirate! Why can't I put eyeliner on properly so it's nice and thin and not too much?!
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Sat Apr 09, 2005 4:10 pm
Rei says...

The whole concept of make up is to either make yourself look superior, or to make yourself feel more confident. My brother used to wear white make up on his face as well as black lipstick, and eyeliner. It didn't improve on his looks, but he felt better wearing it because at the time he didn't feel good about who he was. It's the same with many women and girls, I think. The only difference is that women are expected to wear it. When guys to, it
s a whole otehr story. That's why I dont' wear it. I'm not to happy with the way I look, but I would probably feel worse about it if I wore make up.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:09 pm
Chanson says...

hmm, i don't wear make up because it makes me feel superior. but maybe because i feel more confident. not even confident. just....presentable. i like that girls can wear it. cause if a gu gets a huge spot and he used concealer, most people i know would fall down dead with shock. but i could just cover it up. on the other hand, i guess that creates a higher standard for the way girls look. but i'd say either way, you're pretty screwed :)

you know it's actually pretty reassuring to know guys dont mind lipstick/gloss. well, to know at least one guy doesn't. because that is one of my Kissing Panic Thoughts- i.e. "OH MY GOD i'm wearing too much gloss! he'll be all sticky! and he'll hate me! I'M DOOMED"

i tend to overreact.

liquid eyeliner=doom. just get it in the little compact form, you know the ones that look like shiny black lipgloss and use a tiny brush. so much easier. and cooler. and longer lasting. and did i mention EASIER.

The world is your oyster. Well, it’s my oyster, but you can have some of it.
— Feltrix