z

Young Writers Society

Da Most Hillareous Misteaks

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:33 pm
Elizabeth says...

Hey do you have any mistakes you want to report? Anything funny?
Anything on the club? I noticed under... one of the story links in the forum it says Stories about FANCY not FANTASY or whatever it was supposed to be. Is there anything else funny that any of you have seen?

President Bush once said: The COUNTRY of Africa needs our help...
My MATH teacher once said: And you find the area by Diameter times pi.... (WRONG It's Pi times area squared)

I have noticed a lot of them. Is there anything you notice that is incorrece and funny?

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:57 pm
niteowl says...

Well you just said pi times area squared to figue out the area. It's the radius squared!

And there was this one girl who thought the sun rose in the north.

And in the Art forum, it says If you a piece of art you wish to post, do so here.

Methinks we're missing a very critical verb right there.

And there was that one time in chat when I mistyped guys and called everyone gay.

And..uh there are a lot of others I can' think of right now.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:59 pm
Nai says...

Was there any pun inteneded with the title of this thread?

Random avatar

Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:48 pm
Elizabeth says...

not really...

and the mistakes in my first post weren't intended... but the title... i was trying to prove a misspelled point.... and i think i misspelled misspelled...

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:48 pm
Nate says...

Corrected the title to get rid of one particular word ;)

Stupid and funny mistakes? Nothing really comes to mind right now, although today one of the kids at the elementary school I help out at called me Daddy by accident. It was a funny mistake :D

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:59 pm
niteowl says...

Oh yeah I call everyone by the wrong names. My friends have more than once been Mom, and I may have called my teacher Mom before too, although not recently.

My mom often calls our cat Simba a "she" when he is really a he. Which I believe is quite insulting.

She also gets me and my sis mixed up so it's like "Nicole, I'm gonna take Nicole to skating now," and stuff like that.

Oh, and here's a fave quote of my mom's: "Wow! That guy's doing a Michael Jackson! and Michael Jackson wasn't even born yet!" While we were watching the end of Footloose when the guy's doing all the crazy dance moves.

And here's another: "Pearls are made from shells, aren't they?"
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Random avatar

Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:02 am
Elizabeth says...

ok ok ok... but I meant the aswan dam in Egypt :-P

Our teacher accidentally wrote DAMN homework instead of DAM homework and we have fun with that saing OK we're going to do out dam homework now... te hee twas fun.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:03 am
Crysi says...

*checks* What is this thread supposed to be rated?

I'm guessing G. Ok, nevermind, I won't post the two I'm thinking of.. lol!

Well, today in biology we were taking notes from an online source, and my friend Chase and I were on the last question. We had to read a little section, and instead of asking me if we were supposed to read the middle paragraph, he asked if we were supposed to read the middle bacteria. It was.. odd.

Then there was the time when I posted something like "No, I'm write!" Sheesh, I have writing on the brain..

That's all the appropriate stuff I can think of lol. :P
Love and Light

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:28 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Someone on YWS, might have been Niteowl, meant to say gifts and said gits instead...

A little boy I was talking to in the library a week ago said "Florida's a great country."

Can't think of anymore...oh yeah, I said "does anyone know any game sites?" but everyone thought I said "does anyone know any gay sites?"
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity.
— Charles Mingus