z

Young Writers Society

Any Ideas?

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:21 pm
View Likes
AzureTearz says...

I could always think of something to write about on my own but I just want something completely original to write from one of you....Depending on how many I get, I'll write maybe a short story on your idea and post it here, and you can personally critique it! .::Yay::.

Or, maybe I'll just put some of them together...but I just ask that

1.) It's not ridiculously random (the topic) like gym socks and string cheese
2.) You can specify if you want me to add allot of dialog, a certain type of scene, etc.

Thank u much!!!! :lol:
They spill from my fingers like mollases but birth a taste in your mind similar to what love should taste like....Decadent unforgetable Words

Random avatar

Reviews: 156
Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:54 pm
View Likes
McMourning says...

Hmm....that's an interesting way of getting ideas for a story. I have a story about an anorexic adopted girl, and how those two factors contribute to her life. I'm wandering how someone else's story about that would turn out. It's like an experiment to see if different people get similar stories, if given the same idea.
"One voice can be stronger than a thousand voices, " Captain Kathryn Janeway

378 Reviews

Reviews: 378
Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:01 pm
View Likes
sokool15 says...

How about a challenge?
Write a romance whose plot is not absolutely stale and old and rotten. It's harder than it sounds.
Or, if that's not to your taste, write about an musician struggling to make his way through college on money from his earnings, but he keeps getting randomly fired for no reason. Or about a girl living in a small town who thinks that life just isn't worth living, until a retired circus actor comes into town and starts teaching her tricks. The retired circus actor trains her for fun, and then she gets really good and he helps her become famous, with lots of problems along the way, of course. Just tossing out suggestions, I'm not attached to them!
So why are you doing this? Do you have writer's block, or are you just being friendly and incredibly generous by offering to write out our thoughts? Just wondering...
Yours always, 8)
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
~Albert Einstein

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:37 pm
View Likes
AzureTearz says...

lol, I've never exactly had writer's block but sometimes you have to ask people about what they want to hear.....Me personally, I could write about anything but it's always refreshing to see what people have to say :wink:

I kinda like your circus idea, but I might do both! I'll post the stories here when they're done :twisted:
They spill from my fingers like mollases but birth a taste in your mind similar to what love should taste like....Decadent unforgetable Words

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:53 pm
View Likes
Meep says...

Ooh, so is this like a dare thread? How about this: take your favorite book, copy down the first sentence, and write a completely different story. It has to start with the first sentence of your favorite book, though.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:24 am
View Likes
Royboy says...

How about a serial killer who gets captured by the father of a girl he killed.

Flashbacks are required in this kind of story, at least I think. If it were all connected somehow (his life and the life of all the people he's killed) it would make it quite interesting. If you don't use that, I think I'll use it, so tell me! hehe

~ROY!
[url="www.royacrystaldoesnanowrimo.tumblr.com"]Follow my 2011 NaNoWriMo progress on tumblr[/url] or [url="http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/user/734471"]friend me on the official NaNoWriMo forums[/url]!

194 Reviews

Reviews: 194
Fri May 18, 2007 8:47 pm
View Likes
greenjay says...

This is kind of a nerdy and random idea, but whatever. Someone makes this scientific, fancy videogame that is supposed to somehow be the most realistic game ever. The person (lead programer I guess) who made it tries it and somehow gets stuck in the video game world and pretty much the whole story is him trying to get out. (Mabye like virtual reality or something and something malfunctions. For some reason the other programers can't get him out without hurting him or something of the sort.) The guy has to remember how he made it and win the game or something else to get out. (One thing is you could have some cycopath rig the whole thing as a kind of test (cycopaths always like to test people don't they! Just like teachers :D). The main character has to get out of the game so that he can stop the cycopath.)

Overall has many loop holes but it could be made quite interesting.
the greenjay strikes again...

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat May 19, 2007 1:47 am
Kitkat_1122_ says...

Sometimes I can get really interesting ideas by doing this exercise:

1.) Ask someone to give you three random words that have no close relations to each other (like: cheese, C.D.s, printer)
2.) Set a timer for five minutes.
3.) Start writing, but you have to start with one of the forms of one of the three words that your person gave you. In the time period that you write you have to include all three words in the five minutes that you write.
4.) While you are writing do NOT worry about spelling/grammar; it slows you down and you won't get as creative ideas.
5.) Stop writing once your time is up.

Now you can read what you wrote. Whenever I do these my stories sound ridiculous, but then I get new ideas from those. Hopefully this can help you get new ideas.

Note: I didn't invent this exercise and I can't quite remember who did. :wink:

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat May 19, 2007 1:48 am
View Likes
Kitkat_1122_ says...

I'm not good with ideas so if you wanted new (and maybe outrageous) ideas I would suggest that you do this exercise:

1.) Ask someone to give you three random words that have no close relations to each other (like: cheese, C.D.s, printer)
2.) Set a timer for five minutes.
3.) Start writing, but you have to start with one of the forms of one of the three words that your person gave you. In the time period that you write you have to include all three words in the five minutes that you write.
4.) While you are writing do NOT worry about spelling/grammar; it slows you down and you won't get as creative ideas.
5.) Stop writing once your time is up.

Now you can read what you wrote. Whenever I do these my stories sound ridiculous, but then I get new ideas from those. Hopefully this can help you get new ideas. :wink:

Note: I didn't invent this exercise and I can't quite remember who did.

Greenjay: That story idea has actually already been taken and published...so if you want to write an original one you would have to come up with something to make it original.

I have a Gumbie Cat in mind, her name is Jennyanydots; Her coat is one of the tabby kind,with tiger stripes and leopard spots.
— T.S. Eliot, Old Possum's Book of Practical Cats