820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:03 am
Myth says...

Where do I start? From the beginning? Here we go:

What NOT To Publish:

Title: Oracle's Possession
Genre: Fantasy

Magic, manipulation and meddling mages. This work has been running for over a year, I'm still going to keep writing it until I get to the end. Originally it was meant to help me with ideas but now, after a few months of not working on OP, I'll ditch the idea or write whenever I feel the need to.

Title: Queen of the Harpies
Genre: Fantasy

Wow, this is way too close to my own life it scares me (clarinet, dyed hair). This was meant to keep my kid siblings entertained. Now they ignore me when asked for opinions. This is much shorter, and easier to write, than OP but I'm too lazy to post the additional chapters.

Waiting TO BE Published:

Title: Curiosity Killed The Cats
Genre: Horror/Fantasy

Without Imp's Fools' Duel challenge I would never have written this. I owe her for such an inspirational image that brought Robin out (who will always remain my favourite creation).

The title says it all, any further comments are appreciated but I'm getting ready to send it off to a local magazine. The first time I sent it off I got a rejection. You can't always win, can you?

Title: The Hanging
Genre: Historical

Another contest entry. Bonnie witnesses the hanging of a murderess in the Victorian era, not much else to say about it.

To Publish OR Destroy?

Title: 1934
Genre: Historical

This is so ancient. Set before WWII in Troy Town (SE London) about three friends, narrated by Wat who remembers his best friend Bertie just before he (Bertie) dies.

Title: Smoke Over Water
Genre: Alternative History/Science Fiction?

Set in the Victorian era with a load of inventions (some from the modern world, others made up). I don't know what to do with this. Calais was never very interesting.

Title: Are You Me?
Genre: Science Fiction

No flying cars OR aliens, but includes androids, gynoids and, of course, technology that I've thought up. It takes place in the future, not too sure when exactly, where major Cities build upwards and downwards and villages are brought together to form Districts (they even have their own flags :roll:). Thank God there aren't any idiots trying to take over the world or I would have destroyed this already.

Boy, I'm so busy.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:55 pm
Wiggy says...

Surely! XD Good luck with all your submissions! Out of all of that, I bet you 100% you'll get something published!!!! lol

Keep writing!
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:52 pm
View Likes
Poor Imp says...

Oy, Myth - you could publish any of them. I've become inextricably tangled up with Queen of the Harpies...and as I've got it in my head, I'll get to critiquing it entirely. But it ought to be published. ^_^

Someday, I hope to wander into London and find that "Myth" is signing copies of her new book. ^_~

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

820 Reviews

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:03 pm
Myth says...

Wigs: Thanks for the encouragment! It always helps to keep the Depression Demons away :mrgreen:
Imp: I wonder what this 'new book' would be. As always, I look forward to your help with moving 'Harpies forward. :wink:

'...'

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:23 pm
Shafter says...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a bunch of stories going. :) You have such a variety of genres there... that's awesome! I guess the most important thing to remember is that you have plenty of time to finish everything-- thirty years if you live to 103! ;)

Have fun writing...
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

820 Reviews

Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:14 am
Myth says...

103? I'll be so old then... I can always steal a young soul XD

Update: I've got my second rejection, looks like Curiosity isn't favoured much by editors.

*sighs*

'...'

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:02 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

Psssh, someone will realize its loveliness soon, and publish it.

I read the first part of QofH once, and loved it, but have never really gotten around to tell you anything on it/about it, or do a proper crit. Eh, true life always is fuel for excellent, entertaining fiction.

Cal.
Last edited by Caligula's Launderette on Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:05 am
Snoink says...

Caligula's Launderette wrote:Psssh, someone will realize it's loveliness soon, and publish it.

I read the first part of QofH once, and loved it, but have never really gotten around to tell you anything on it/about it, or do a proper crit. Eh, true life always is fuel for excellent, entertaining fiction.

Cal.

Hahaha... same here. I suck. :P
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

820 Reviews

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:28 am
Myth says...

As long as people are reading it, I'm happy :mrgreen:

'...'

820 Reviews

Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:01 pm
Myth says...

Five months later...

Novels

Oracle's Possession — Flushed. Though the characters will be appearing in other pieces. Monessa won't ever forgive me if I don't get her next tale done: Parasol Skirt.

Queen of the Harpies — My first complete novel! Glad this is over, remains unedited.

Are You Me? — Got up to 6.1 where things start from Aethel's point of view. If anyone is interested in reading everything that isn't posted PM me.

Short Stories

Curiosity Killed The Cats — Edited once more, the manuscript that is, and still no luck with publishing. Basically a 'It isn't you business' story.

Industrial — Written while I was offline, finished under a month and hasn't been edited. Stuff to do with virtual reality and a place called Oberlin.

Constable's Cloud — Started with a sketch, now I'm writing these short entries to create a collection of 'short' stories. If you can call them that. Wish Cloud would keep me company sometimes =]

Yeva — Something unexplained. Hope to post it just to see what the critics say.

'...'

i am neither a loose leaf nor do i like loose leafs. really, i am a piece of wide-ruled looseleaf paper
— looseleaf