z

Young Writers Society

My fantasy Fiction

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:56 am
norm91 says...

Basically, the last few days I’ve been thinking up a potential novel/short-story (haven’t really decided yet. I’m really in the early stages of planning.)

And I wanted to have your valued opinions, whether you think it could be interesting or not.
Here it goes:-

My fantasy fiction piece is set in the present, it’s chronicles the war between two realms – one mythical, and our world. The mythical world is full of a whole sort of ‘magical’ creatures, essentially, it is the “land of make-believe” to use a fairy-tale generalisation. The plot begins when the mythical world has all but taken over the world and their plans to enslave the human race are being put into action. Humans are forced into “flanodice detention centres”.

It’s essentially, magic-verses-military.

About 90% of the world is under mythical army control (current working title is the Zareos Army) the remaining 10% are working rather unsuccessfully against the myths – whilst trying desperately to avoid capture and incarceration in a detention centre.

I’m tempted to have protagonists and antagonists on either side of the war, to give it a bit of uniqueness. But, I’m undecided on that. What are your thoughts on that?

That’s what I’ve got so far, characters haven’t really been thought of so far.

So, please, can you give me your thoughts?
My upcoming novel/short story...

"Regrets" (Working title)

A man who keeps one eye on the past may learn from his mistakes, but a man who keeps both eyes directed to the past is blind.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:49 pm
View Likes
Twit says...

That sounds cool; definately something I'd have a bash at. :) If you're doing this in third person, you could do a switch between mythical creature and normal person more easily. Go ahead and do it!
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:45 pm
Writersdomain says...

Hello there!

It certainly sounds like an interesting idea. I'd be very interested to see how you would develop it further an write about it.

And I think having protagonists and and antagonists on either side of the war would be neat - twould give the story a uniqueness, and give the reader some things to think about in the matter of good versus evil.

Think away!
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

“Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?”
— L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables