z

Young Writers Society

Finally putting pen to paper

Reviews: 0
Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:45 am
View Likes
baka-taiyaki says...

Last night I finally put pen to paper and started writing my comedy-fantasy story about a girl who gets her world flipped upside down by the arrival of a new neighbour, who incidently is also a run away prince from another world. ...Geez, actually sounds kind of corny when I summarise it like that, but oh well.

I just hope I can keep writing without stopping halfway and going, 'Oh this is a load of crap' and deleting the word document. I spent absolutely ages planning this out and I've even got an ending sorted out in my mind (for once).

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:32 am
View Likes
chocoholic says...

Well good luck. I hope you don't stop half-way, I know I've done that millions of times. Haviong it all plotted out makes it a lot easier.

Hope to see some of it up here soon! It sounds like a great plot.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:47 pm
View Likes
lyrical_sunshine says...

hey, cheesy plots often make the best stories. then you can have fun with them and make people laugh. :D good luck!
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

Reviews: 0
Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:55 am
baka-taiyaki says...

Yeah, that's kinda what I figured when I came up with the idea. I mean look at HP. That plot has soo much cheese all over it it should be in a cheese museum, yet it's still a big hit because the cheese works.

But anyway, I'm kinda stuck in a rut about how I should START my writing. I've written about two pages and it just sounds kinda... meh.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:15 pm
View Likes
Stori says...

My best advice? Try what you like. Read the genres you like. Say, fantasy. If your thing is the Wheel of Time or maybe Eragon, read those. If not, well, there's a whole world of books out there.
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."
Miles Vorkosigan

"You can be an author if you learn to paint pictures with words."
Brian Jacques

And on the pedestal these words appear:/'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings;/Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'/Nothing beside remains.
— Percy Bysshe Shelley