z

Young Writers Society

I Finished!

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:18 am
chocoholic says...

Literally minutes ago, I finished writing my novel. Its only a short novel of about 10'000 words, but it was really exciting. It's the first draft of the first novel in a childrens fantasy series, and I'll be typing it up in a few days.

I'm not going to post it on here because I'd love to get it published soon, and I don't want to risk pre-publishing, but I'd love if some people (I'd prefer older writers, no offence, but I really want to get this published) could read it (I'll email it to you) and give me their comments.

I would really appreciate it if you could do that. If you are willing to read it (I'm not fussy about when, especially if you're doign NaNoWriMo) please either PM me or post here.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:28 am
Teague says...

Congratulations! Way to be persistent. ;)

Well, if you don't think I'm too young, I'd be happy to read over your novel- if not just because I'd like to read it. PM me if you want my e-mail. I don't mind if you don't want my eyes on it, it's your manuscript.

Way to go! Best of luck with getting an agent and publisher and all that fine print.

-St. Razorblade
The Official YWS Pirate :pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:51 am
Meep says...

I'd be happy to read it for you.
I don't think you have to worry too much about first publication rights. There are several threads about it floating around, but really, you should be okay. In any case, the draft that you post on YWS and the draft that you submit to be published should be so different that it really won't matter, any way.

Anyway, I should mention that a 10,000ish word story is a short story, not a novel - or even a novella. It looks like novellas are usually supposed to be about 20,000ish words or more, from what I understand. Don't be discouraged, though! It's probably easier to get a short story published than to get a novel(la) published.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:54 am
Lini-chan says...

Congrats! Isn't it the loveliest feeling when you finish? I finished my first draft of Silent Harmony over the summer, and I was jumping up and down literally for days afterward. My brother thought I was practically insane.

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:32 am
Jasmine Hart says...

Well done! I'll read it too if you like.
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:57 am
Icaruss says...

Dude, sorry... But that's not a novel. That's a really long short-story, or a really short novella. I mean, good for you... But it's not a novel.

Congratulations anyways.
there are many problems in our times
but none of them are mine

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:36 pm
EnchantressMuffin says...

Fabulous! I love it when things are finished, it gives such a feeling of achievement. :D

I know you want older writers to read your book, but if you wanted me to take a look, I certainly would. =) Just PM me or email me, and I'll get on it in a snap.
Yeah, I know you won't take me up on that, but I figure I might as well offer (because technically, I am older...).
:)

Good luck, and I hope to hear updates!

Peace, love, chocolate,
Muffin

516 Reviews

Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:45 am
chocoholic says...

Jasmine and Muffin, thank you so much for offering to read it, but I already have quite a few people agreeing to read it from all over the place. I really don't need anymore people to read it. But thanks for the offer.

For the people who are reading it, I'll start typing it up on the 18th, and should be done by the 25th!
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:46 pm
Meep says...

If I have it by 25. October, I may very well be able to read it before NaNoWriMo starts. (It'll depend on my homework, though.)
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

516 Reviews

Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:02 pm
chocoholic says...

Well, it's the 26th and I still haven't finsihed typing it. I'd really, really, really like to have it donw by the end of the weekend, but I can't garuntee anything.

Live your life how you want, but don't confuse drama with happiness.
— Ron, Parks & Rec