Young Writers Society

Twitterings: Of Unfinished Works and Skeletons

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:17 am
Twit says...

Both. :roll: :wink: :D
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:19 pm
gyrfalcon says...

Lol, gotcha. Don't fear to bug me to death about doing them either!!!
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:23 pm
Writersdomain says...

Ja! Scarab is back! :D

And allegorical? Even more wonderful. Allegories are a blast to work with. If I don't get around to reading more of Scarab this month, will you please flog me? :wink:

Keep us updated! :)
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:20 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

hurray for allegories! i love allegories. C. S. Lewis and Tolkien, oh my! although Tolkien doesn't like to think of his stories as allegories. anyway.

where is Scarab? after reading your rants, i want to read it now. :D
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:46 am
Twit says...

where is Scarab? after reading your rants, i want to read it now.

In my 'folio. :D What's up now may be very different from the finished result, but comments and help are really appreciated!
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

241 Reviews

Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:40 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

um...ok...your folio? lol. can you give me a link?
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:16 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

lyrical_sunshine wrote:hurray for allegories! i love allegories. C. S. Lewis and Tolkien, oh my! although Tolkien doesn't like to think of his stories as allegories. anyway.

I would have thought that 'Tolkein didn't like to think of his stories as allegories' would have been more apt! :P

You can get to Twit's 'folio by clicking the image-link that's right next to her name.

Actually, I'm in the process of reading Scarab (I printed it all off, so's I could read at my leisure - I hope you don't mind, but I'm not so distracted as I am if I read stuff on the internet - and I think it was very nearly more than the computer could take!), and at the moment I like what I'm seeing. I'm on chapter 3, and though there are a couple of minor details that I'd nit-pick over, it's very good. Of course, it's very soon to tell properly, but your character development is good, as are your descritptions and dialogue. I actually want to read more, unlike some of the stuff I've read, be they on here or published. I'll post a full critique in one of your chapter posts (the last one you've put up, I should think), but up 'till now it's all looking good!

-Kyle
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

241 Reviews

Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:17 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

KazSmurf wrote:
lyrical_sunshine wrote:hurray for allegories! i love allegories. C. S. Lewis and Tolkien, oh my! although Tolkien doesn't like to think of his stories as allegories. anyway.

I would have thought that 'Tolkein didn't like to think of his stories as allegories' would have been more apt! :P

-Kyle

haha, yes, i noticed that after i posted that message. thank you, i'll go check out that story now!

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:45 pm
Twit says...

Finally! My Duel Entry, and the first appearance of the Changers is up! Namely, here, post248464.html#248464

:roll:

This only has Falcon and Dolphin in it, and it goes waaaaay back, to before the Cabal. ("So does this mean we're going back to the beginning?" "Oh no, Pumbaa, oh no. We're going way back, to before the beginning...")

Anyway, anyone who's bothering to read these Twitterings, please rip and shred my Entry to shreds please. Or, in the words of another author, "Flame until black and crispy, please."

And AMAZING! I actually managed to put what might pass for a song in it. And the other one's a kid's rhyme, so it doesn't have to be perfect. :razz:

#TNT

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:04 pm
Twit says...

The next chapter of THIOBS is nearly finished. "All Flesh Is Grass". If you ever need to write a whipping scene, then the lash first makes a weal on the skin, raised up, though not as much as a mosquito bite. Then it goes pale pink, but fades over time. How much time, I'm not sure, but it's gone after several hours. Maybe an hour? Half an hour?

And having started a LiveJournal account - http://bearsark.livejournal.com/ - that's cataloguing my NaNo attempts. This is will be for... *looks down, sees a molehill erupting in the middle of the page* This will be for... *molehill gets bigger* This will be for THIOBS! *molehill bursts, showering dirt everywhere and Harry's head pops out*

"'ullo everyone!"

I just said that this was for THIOBS!!

"Yeh, well, I'm in the same time."

"And I'm in it!"

You are not, Kit! Not for sure anyway, and not for long if you are.

"A very brief cameo?"

Oh no, not you as well! Raven, scram.

"How very uncouth. Wouldn't you say so, Fal?"

"You'd think we weren't wanted."

Everyone, out! That means ALL of you. Out out out!!

"Even me?"

Yes, you as well, Kit! I'm finishing this entry now!

"Party pooper."

Invasive creations of mine. Anyway, where was I?

*Harry's head pops back up* "You said you was endin' it!"

I am!

*curtain falls*

#TNT

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:12 pm
Twit says...

... It's up.

topic17611-15.html

All Flesh Is Grass.

Angst, pain, torture. Fun, fun, fun.

Now I have about four(?) more chapters to write. It should be done by November. Or around there.

#TNT

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:03 pm
Twit says...

The next chapter of THIOBS is up. Stormy Petrel. One person said it was cruel, and others voiced much the same opinion.

Well, he's dead. It came out different from how I'd first planned it, but I guess that's the way of things.

Onwards to November...

#TNT

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:32 pm
Alainna says...

Hey Twit.

I really miss Scarab. Are we ever going to get anymore or have you abandoned it? *Sulky look*....It was going so well!!!

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

If I seem to wander, if I seem to stray, remember that true stories seldom take the straightest way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind