z

Young Writers Society

AWritersFantasy's Writing Ramblings

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:41 am
AWritersFantasy says...

I swear I had another thread that I was posting updates in, but I can't find it right now. >.> Oh well.

Starting a new thread means talking about the new story I'm working on, right? It's called Child of Ashes: Outcast. I'm loving it so far. I wish I had more of it written than I currently do, but I can be patient. One of the best things about my job (been working at Stop and Shop since the end of October) is that during my (unfortunately too short) fifteen minute breaks I can write in the journal I've been using to write CoA:O in. I got a nice purse-type-thing for Christmas that the journal and my notebook with all my notes fit nicely into.

I currently have 2,872 words typed up, but I more than likely have way more than that actually written.

I'm happy to say that Caligula's Launderette is currently working on a fan mix for CoA:O. She did a fan mix for the last story I was working on before NaNo, and I loved all of the songs she came up with. Here's the list she gave me, though I don't know if it's all of the songs, and one of them has the artist's name missing for whatever reason.

Big Trouble (Lots of Fun) by Rebekah Ryan
Pride by Syntax
One Of These Things First by Nick Drake
Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots Pt. 1 by Flaming Lips
Sleeping Lessons by The Shins
By My Side by JJ Grey & Mofro
Lochloosa by Mofro
Pray For Rain by Mofro
Into Dust by Mazzy Star
Pirate Moon by Thea Gilmore
Horse in the Wind by Chris and Thomas
Broken Sky by Rob Laufer
Perfect Outlaws from American Outlaws
Don't Waste Our Money from Hidalgo
Courage by Sarah Polley
Love and Other Planets by Adem
past poisons by patrick park
The Mercy Beat by The The
Song of the Maydoves by Stephanie Dosen
Stand Up by Mêlée
The Leather Winged Bat by The Duhks
Flying Vessel from Stardust
Zombie Fight from Stardust
Let It Rain by Amanda Marshall
Up the Spout by Mateo Messina
Piazza, New York Catcher by Belle & Sebastian
Shimmer Like a Girl by Veruca Salt
Volcano Girls by Veruca Salt

On top of that, I found a new song that's coming out by Idina Menzel that is TOTALLY a theme song for CoA:O's main character.

Hopefully I'll have the second chapter finished soon. I have tomorrow, off, thankfully, so HOPEFULLY I'll be able to get a good amount of writing done before my week of having to work almost every single day next week. I kind of want to do some right now but I'm kinda tired too, but I'll try.

And the stupid "b" key keeps sticking.

Aaaand...that's it. Other than that I need something to snack on and have nothing. x.x

P.S. side note: Anyone else notice that I am now a Speaker of the Forum? :D I have over 500 posts now. Yay.

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:24 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

Go you, honey.

I am waiting for things to upload and your fanmix will be on teh interwebz.

:D

Oooh, go cool Christmas-y gifts. Looking forward to reading more of Child of Ashes.

Ta,
Cal.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Mon Jan 28, 2008 3:47 pm
AWritersFantasy says...

I am waiting for things to upload and your fanmix will be on teh interwebz.

>.> So it should definitely be up sometime today?

Fairy Tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.
— G.K. Chesterton