z

Young Writers Society

Jiggity's Writing Projects 07/10/07

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:35 pm
Poor Imp says...

Ah, despite uni, you may get a sketch of Actor's Guild for the Duel?
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:22 am
Jiggity says...

I did start one, yes, but it remains to be seen whether I complete it on time, or even if what I do now will be anything similar to--or apart of--the real thing. I think so; its helping me test the waters anyhow.

Whether or not I finish it in time, I'll send it to ya when its done.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

798 Reviews

Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:32 pm
Jiggity says...

Its more then time for an update, no? Not that anyone follows my writing XD.

Update:

Actor's Guild: I've decided to write this for NanoWrimo this year. I seem to have this inability to write novels, I dont know why, but I intend to break it.

Calamity: This is a web-comic some friends and I have been working on for the last month and more.It deals with Entities of alien nature and dimension bent upon conquering this world, and doing so through transnational corporations. Bestowing upon various employee's supernatural abilities with which we see them go to war against their opponents.

This is no PG excursion mind; to use abilities humans were never meant to have is to invite agonising pain and thus, the majority of characters are heavy drug addicts. Haha, its going to be fun.

Atm, a professional graphic artist is drawing it up and we have the web site up and ready, I'll be sure to link it to you guys.

Strands of Darkness: Is turning out to be a much longer then expected piece, and I don't see an ending any time soon. Its not a novel though; just a series of interconnnected shorts, and its this thought that allows me to keep going.

Happily enough, I got a Distinction for this piece in uni, and from a very tough marker, so I know I'm doing something right.

The Great Hunt: A short story partly inspired by Neil Gaiman's 'Sandman' comic, about that self same mythic character. The first part of it is up in Fantasy Forum. I felt like i'd been writing it for so long I needed to get most of it away from me lol. Its not finished, but will be soon.

798 Reviews

Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:28 am
Jiggity says...

Update:

Damn, til I saw this I'd forgotten that I had previously decided to make Actor's Guild my NanoWrimo piece for the year ahaha.

I retract that statement.

I plan for 'Sons of War' to be my first attempted novel because I really dont care what happens to such a plot and thus, I think, it will be far easier to write. Whereas with the Actor's Guild, I care a bit too much. I'll be joining this year's Nano, so yay.

On the short story front, I've just written Cupid's Madness: a revisionist modern fantasy fable about a feud between the two gods of lust and love, Eros and Aphrodite. I will be submitting this piece to my university's annual, critically acclaimed Anthology. And hopefully getting accepted.

On the publication front: One piece, Borderline, has been accepted by an online literary magazine, Pens of Fire. Not much else in the way of writing or publication submission. Uni is killing my creativity - only four weeks left though thankfully.

Turn your demons into art, your shadow into a friend, your fear into fuel, your failures into teachers, your weaknesses into reasons to keep fighting. Don’t waste your pain. Recycle your heart.
— Andréa Balt