z

Young Writers Society

POD- It's finished. (8-29-07)

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:49 pm
Sam says...

There's nothing that'll make people want to read more than a high rating. Just the way people are- morbid thrill seekers. XD
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:16 pm
JC says...

So uh...yeah. Hi. I'm not going to be posting any more of POD here until it's finished. (Not edited, but finished). Reasons? Well, I'm in the last 50 pages, meaning I'll be writing all the scenes however I fell, not really in order. I've changed the end, and it should be perfect now, *crosses fingers so I don't change it again*

So, what to do when I edit??? A lot. I mean a serious amout of editing.

I need to lenghen the rape scene, change some chapters to better fit the end. Combine chapters so each one is five or six pages instead of one or two, and all this other stuff with typos and sentance order. Yay. lol

Sp, for those of you that have stuck with POD until now, thank you. I don't know what I would have done without your critisim and support...mostly critisim. lol

I'm not sure if I want to try to get POD published though. Maybe after I edit it I'll decide, but now, I'm thinking it will be put on the shelves with the other two. Just a little reminder that I've got to try harder next time...*sigh*

Well, at least I'll be done soon...50 pages...wow. That doesn't seem like so much anymore...

-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:31 pm
Writersdomain says...

Only 50 more pages. That is awesome, JC! I wish you the best of luck finishing. Editing. :P I'm sure you will do a fabulous job touching up on things and finishing it off. Wonderful, my dear!
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:29 am
Alainna says...

:thud:

No more POD for a while? I'm already having withdrawal symptoms!

Well, JC, I have all faith that you'll edit and finish the story well. You're writing has improved soo much since the first ever POD and I really enjoy reading it. :smt023

Good luck if you do try to get POD published!

Alainna
xxxxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:57 am
Twit says...

Cool! That must be scary, having only 50 pages left. :smt080

Happy tweaking!
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

514 Reviews

Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:27 pm
JC says...

I'm actually kind of stuck at the moment...
I've been writing an adverage of three chapters a day lately, because I had the end all planned out...and now I'm just not sure what I want to happen. I'm stuck between two endings...

What would be better?
Happily mostly resolved, or touchingly tradgic? I can't make up my mind. And I can't write the next chapter until I know...
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:02 pm
Twit says...

Touchingly tragic. But don't make it too touching, or it'll end up being soppy. I know that sounds like a contradiction, but...

Maybe tragic, with a promise of hope to come?
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

514 Reviews

Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:06 am
JC says...

Which was what I meant about touching =D.
I have like a soppy barrier or something...I think...

410 Reviews

Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:48 pm
Alainna says...

IM HAVING MAJOR WITHDRAWL SYMPTOMS!!!!!

Also, I think the whole 'touchingly tragic' is a good idea!

Alainna
xxxx

Got YWS?

514 Reviews

Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:35 am
JC says...

Okay, so quick update because I've been extremally busy lately.

POD is currently in it's 55th chapter, page 152. I'm starting to wrap things up, so it's a really short book by any standards. That's okay though. After that it's going to sit for a while brewing and such in my mind, and then I'll go back and edit like a crazy person. =D I'm less than 50 pages from finished...cool. =D

So yeah, when I finish POD, I'm taking a month to let my brain settle, hehe, and then hopefully, NaNo...lol. So, no more brain settleing. And then after that I'm writing a romace, Those Nights: We Weren't in Love.

I believe I should tell you why I've been gone though...just because I can...hehe.
Well, first off, band. Geez. It's been band camp for the past few weeks, meaning from 7 am- 4pm I'm marching with the band, then back from 7 pm-9pm with just the drumline. So I really only have those three hours of the day to...live. lol. Which would explain a lot of why I'm getting really stressed out. hehe. That and for the first half of the day I'm carrying 50 pound drums in hundred degree weather. *Curls up in a little ball*
I'm only like, 90 pounds, so those things are more than half of my weight...is that not sad? lol.

So, anyways, I just wanted to come say I miss you all here! I wish I had a life, but I don't. I'll be back in a few months though, and posting POD in about a month. =D

-JC

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:45 am
Emerson says...

How many words is POD so far? Word count means more than pages ^_~

I'm excited for you to finish! Keep in mind: when you edit, you end up cutting at least 10% of everything. If you haven't, you should edit more. :-P
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

514 Reviews

Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:21 am
JC says...

Actually, I'm going to cut 10% and add like, 30. =D The ending has changed so many times I have to go back and re-write a lot of things, add scenes for forshadowing, blah blah blah.

53205 words....like I said, very short.

514 Reviews

Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:18 am
JC says...

HEY!!!!! GUESS WHAT????

I just finished POD, at 8:54pm, 8-29-07, I finished it.

Now I get to edit...but still...this means I'll be posting again!!!

410 Reviews

Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:11 am
Alainna says...

*HUGS JC SO MUCH SHE CAN BARELY BREATHE!!!!!!!!!!!*

Congrats!!!! Aw, I can not wait!!!!!!! The minute you post it I'll jump right in. YES!!!!!!! I can't wait to see how you ended it.

Alainna
xxx

Got YWS?

Properly trained, a man can be dog's best friend.
— Corey Ford