z

Young Writers Society

Pen name?

Reviews: 0
Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:01 pm
View Likes
Pacific says...

I've thought about using a penname. My last name is so stinking common. I searched my first and last name on Google and pulled up 10 pages with of stuff. I found out a gymnast has my name :P.
So, I might use my middle name as my first, or use my moms maiden name, since that was my last name for awhile.
I dunno, I guess I'll jump that hurdle when it gets in my path :D.
-Kiley-
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four Americans is suffering from some form of mental illness. Think of your three best friends. If they're okay, then it's you. - Rita Mae Brown

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:01 am
View Likes
Jassie says...

that's a cute idea! Using my middle name and my moms maiden name would be really unique, but I really like the one I picked. rawrg! hard decisions now lol
"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
-Cyril Connolly
For more of my tutorials: http://myspace.keonnected.com/jsimms/en/index.html

Random avatar

Reviews: 33
Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:06 pm
Barrio says...

Are you going for an interesting name which isn't yours, or a name with complete anonymity.

If you're going for the latter just choose 'Jane Citizen' or 'J. Citizen' if you're afraid of being pigeonholed because you are a girl.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:54 pm
Jassie says...

lol that's funny cause I used to use the name Jane Johnson (and I still do sometimes) when websites ask for my name and I don't want to give them my real one.

its not that I wanna stay annonymous. But, if someone likes my book they can say to their friend "read this by J.T. Simms" or something. Easy to remember and kinda cute lol :smt040
Last edited by Jassie on Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
-Cyril Connolly
For more of my tutorials: http://myspace.keonnected.com/jsimms/en/index.html

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:57 pm
Ricanprince1013 says...

I'm kind of debating that cause well, ok my real name is
Eric Matthew Odum

But my grandfather's nickname was Cruzito and my mothers maiden name was Dejesus, so it would be kinda cool to be

Cruzito Dejesus
Or
Matt Cruz

Eric De. :D OOOO I like that.

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:40 am
View Likes
Swires says...

My last name is terrible so If I was to be published it would be:

Adam Rimrose

Eric Matthew Odum, your proper name is better.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

Random avatar

Reviews: 6
Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:30 pm
Ricanprince1013 says...

Meh it sounds odd...

To the O.P I like the name you came up with, it sounds like something I would pick up.

I tell the neophyte: Write a million words–the absolute best you can write, then throw it all away and bravely turn your back on what you have written. At that point, you’re ready to begin.
— David Eddings