z

Young Writers Society

Jiggity's Writing Projects 07/10/07

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:28 am
Jiggity says...

Right now though I'm focusing on completing a string of short stories, which is all I've ever really written (which is one of the reasons I'm a little intimidated by writing a novel.) Im really excited about the one I'm due to start writing soon; a kinda dark, slightly gothic style story that basically explores the concept of self identity in relation to actors and the idea of assuming/becoming someone else so completely as to lose/change a part of your identity irrevocably. Title: The Actor's Guild.
As I see it, it'll be a long short story.

Several other short stories and novels are in the pipeline.

For now, that is all.
Last edited by Jiggity on Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:48 am
blackwings_angel says...

That sounds really cool! If you did post some of it already let me know. If not, let us know when you've finished it.
Glory is like a circle in the water, Which never ceaseth to enlarge itself, Till by broad spreading it disperses to naught. -William Shakespeare

join my Storybook, now would be a great time for a new character to come in. :wink:

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:40 pm
Swires says...

Interesting points, I too have attempted 6 novels now and usually stop at 15k because my plot dries up. Im forcing myself to write my new project what ever this time round.

Good Luck.
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

798 Reviews

Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:29 am
Jiggity says...

Cool, thanks for the interest.
Blackwings>>inform you when I put up some of the Actor's Guild?

Maybe you could try some short stories Phorcys, see how it goes in terms of helping you end a story.

798 Reviews

Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:34 am
Jiggity says...

Update:

New short story planned. About a man's struggle to come to terms with the darkness inside ... with his lust to kill and other ... disturbing desires he feels stir all of a sudden. Little does he know, that he actually harbours a piece of Satan's being inside himself. Title: The Devil Inside

As yet, no short story submissions.

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:18 am
Poor Imp says...

You've got to write Actor's Guild, Jig, so that I can read it. Its theme seems apt to your style - and with your sense of atmospheric description, I can only imagine it will be good. ^_^

IMP
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

798 Reviews

Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:29 am
Jiggity says...

XD! Woo!! Motivation lol, I've been procrastinating horribly. But I shall get to it soon enough; dont put pressure, in the form of such expectations Impy cos then it'll be horrible, I'm sure!!

But thanks, I very much want to write it.

798 Reviews

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:39 am
Jiggity says...

WOO!! My first piece is getting published!! Interestingly enough, it happens to be non-fiction. I wonder if that bodes well for my fiction writing career. But yay anyway! First time I'll be getting paid for writing something.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:38 pm
Wiggy says...

Jig, my MAN!!!!! Awesome, dude! Where's it getting published? My first piece was nonfiction, too. I would never have expected it to be published!

Give me some fin-noggin-duuuuude! :D
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

376 Reviews

Reviews: 376
Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:56 pm
Trident says...

That's great! Yeah, where is it getting published? You seemed to have that out in your excitement...
Perception is everything.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:50 am
Myth says...

Congratulations on getting published! Actor's Guild sounds interesting, I'll be sure to read it if you post.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

798 Reviews

Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:30 am
Jiggity says...

And I am oh so close to writing it Myth, the beggining scene finally came to me!! Irritatingly enough, it also came with an alternate version of it so now I'm following the potential paths of both till I come to a dead end and thus have a winner ... if that makes sense, lol.

Also, I just wrote a new short short story. Its called Gods, in Other Fiction. I'll be entering it into a competition with a hefty, hefty prize. I hope i win!

798 Reviews

Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:14 am
View Likes
Jiggity says...

UPDATE: Actor's Guild has begun, but further production halted by two new short stories that cropped up and dominated my head...

World Vision: A dark fantasy about a little girl who becomes obsessed with her grandfather's eyes and steals one from his open coffin funeral...

Spirit: One Asian youth and one australian youth are brought together by the spirit of the land to help restore it to health.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:50 am
Myth says...

World Vision, I've got to read it. I'm drawn to creepy things XD
.: ₪ :.

'...'

798 Reviews

Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:57 pm
Jiggity says...

Yeah, I would have written it already cept I'm at uni now--doing a Writing course, although the first year is filled with all this other interdisciplinary BS--but I want to wait and see if the course has any impact on my writing.

Or, I'll get impatient and write it anyway!

I *do* like flipping tables.
— Faye Whitaker, Questionable Content