z

Young Writers Society

&c.

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:11 pm
Meep says...

So, I felt a little left out, not having one of these.

currently...
I'm not currently into novel writing. I don't have the stamina involved. Instead, I'm working on the 100 Original Fics challenge in my writing journal, PERFECT x WORRY. So far, I've done 3/100.

works in progress
Ghostyverse (more properly, untitled) is about, well, ghosts; or, it's about a ghost who is looking for something he lost while alive, and a young man who wishes the undead would just die and leave him alone already. (There's more to it, naturally, but I don't want to give anything away.) Currently in the vicinity of 4,000 words, and I'm still not halfway there. (Please [s]to be[/s] consider[s]ing[/s] that I had intended for this to be a 1,000 word ficlet.)

good news
or attempts at publishing, only not
in reverse chronological order
2007. My essay, The Butterfly Effect, was selected to be published by Elder & Leemaur Publishing. It was one of 150 (out of 5,000 submitted) chosen. I still haven't heard back about the scholarship money, but I'm excited anyway.
Last edited by Meep on Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

563 Reviews

Reviews: 563
Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:19 pm
View Likes
Writersdomain says...

That's awesome, Meep! You'll have to tell me when it's published!

Ghostyverse sounds very interesting!
~ WD
If you desire a review from WD, post here

"All I know, all I'm saying, is that a story finds a storyteller. Not the other way around." ~Neverwas

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:27 am
Sam says...

Oh, defintely...when shall it be posted?

And 100 fics? Like NaNo, but without a time limit. Excellent fun, I presume. :wink:
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

210 Reviews

Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:53 pm
Meep says...

The 100 Original Fics thing is great, although the lack of a time limit means yours truely does a lot of slacking. (I haven't written/posted anything since 22. March.)

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:55 pm
Twit says...

What does this 100 Original Fics look/read like? What are they about? I don't think I've read any of your stuff.

-ST
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

210 Reviews

Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:00 pm
Meep says...

It's hard to explain exactly what they "look/read" like. They vary in length, subject matter and style. Mine tend to be what all my stories are: short skits/scenes, in which two characters interact and overcome a small, personal conflict. (Although Ghostyverse, my response for no.35, "sixth sense," is considerably longer and more complicated than most.)
The stories I've posted here (another 2am and the morning sad were retrofitted to no.71 & no.72 ("broken" & "fixed") respectively.)

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:12 pm
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Oooh...that looks like fun....: stares ruefully at Bubble Picture and Geezer's Property: if I didn't have those, I'd really consider doing it...
After NaNo, I think, I'll do this and try to finish it before NaNo '08. :is slightly cheered by that idea. runs off to work on Bubble Picture:
ohmeohmy

XD YES !!!! EMBRACE THE POWER OF CAPS LOCK + EXCLAMATION!!!! no SHAME IN BEING EASILY EXCITABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
— Euphory