z

Young Writers Society

Me + Bad review = Poem

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:27 pm
GingerLizzy says...

How easy it is to talk about yourself. But now, as I'm sat here in front of the computer, my fingers are hovering above the keyboard as I realize, it's harder to write about it. Why is writing so hard anyway? Why do we have to please everyone with our words and punctuation?

I remember once, I was talking to my Business Studies teacher [I bet you're wondering about what that has to do with English and writing] about what I would like to be when I got a career. Now, I would really like to be a comedienne 'cause I love making people laugh, so me and her were talking about this. And I remember, she said;

"You need to deal with rejection and failure before that kind of business enters your life. 'Cause Lizzy, face it, you hate losing."

That made me stop and think, and I wondered why she was so mean. But I realize she wasn't, 'cause I do really hate it when I do something wrong. For instance, I once made a spelling mistake on my Business Studies work... So I deleted the whole thing. Yes, I have issues.

So, when I joined this site and got a rather mean review, and I mean mean - it wasn't helpful at all - I went into a bit of a "Benny" and stopped writing for a while. But then I realized, c'mon, just improve it and prove them wrong. So I guess I have a little.

Plus, when someone gives me a bad review, I write about them in a poem in my little black book. Such as my poem "Critiques..." check it out to see what I mean. I guess it's my way of letting off a little steam... and being a bit mean at the same time.

=]
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:34 pm
View Likes
Emerson says...

hmmm...

Of course, they've never defined this section very strictly, but I think this would something that would go in a blog, not in the Non-fiction section. Consider creating a blog on YWS if you don't have one ^_~
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:48 pm
Snoink says...

Awww... if you don't want to have this reviewed, you shouldn't put this in the literary forums section. Because that's where you critique stuff!

Anyway, you really really need to check for spelling errors. Although I sort of like the feel of the slang words like, "c'mon" and stuff, they are too informal for any serious writing and your audience will not take you as seriously.

Though you probably knew that.

Anyway, also there's this part:

[I bet you're wondering about what that has to do with English and writing]

You can delete this part since your audience already knows that a lot of things connect with doing something you love, so it's okay.

Anyway, yay! A critique. If you don't want this critiqued, I can always move it into "Writers' Corner," which is basically a ranting grounds about current projects, or I can move this into the lounge.

Cheers!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

You cannot understand and disagree.
— P. D. Ouspensky