Young Writers Society

Lini's Novels and Things

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:55 pm
Lini-chan says...

So....yeah.

Currently I am working on two projects-

Silent Harmony, a novel I have finished the first draft of (Go look in the sci fi forum if you want to see it). It is about a girl who lives in a possible future of Earth after WWIII (A disastrous nuclear war). Three scientists, during WWIII, had created a refuge to save at least some of the human race, and eventually the war got so bad that they sent 100 people to an industrial island called Consiva. The war eventually ended, with no known humans surviving other than Consiva. Consiva has grown into a dictatorship, and is currently at civil war with itself. There are many conflicts between the different regions of the country, and the main character (Melody Arrenon) and her comrades must find a way to escape Consiva and return to the Old World, as Consivans call post-war Earth.

Intelligent Design (A novel I started recently but haven't typed up yet) This book revolves around the idea that a higher civilization created our universe, and the adventures of a human that accidentally falls into the higher universe through a wormhole. She is captured by the government there, and is not allowed to go back to Earth because "she knows too much." She must find a way back, and also assist the higher universe in its own problems, which are very similar to what Earth is experiencing.

Here's the first chapter of SH, see if you like it.

So that's pretty much what I'm working on at the moment.
8)

~Lini

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:26 pm
chocoholic says...

They sound interesting. I don't know much about sci-fi (I've never read it, only watched a few sci-fi shows) and I can't write it, but I'll check your first one out a bit later, when I have more time.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:14 pm
ennui says...

I've never really thought about writing sci-fi, but your ideas are certainly enough to leave me inspired. The first idea sounds particularly intriguing, and I'm curious enough to set off and read the first chapter. "Consiva" really does sound like an industrial island. Where did you come up with the name? I'm pretty awful at discovering names. -_-

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:56 pm
Lini-chan says...

At first, the name was Consva (a sort of shortening on the word "conservative"), but everyone who read it thought it was too hard to pronounce. My mom suggested I add a vowel between the s and v, and I added i. Turns out that that name would work pretty well, because Consiva sounds like the word "conceive", and that applies in the story (the thinking kind of conceiving, not the reproductive kind) quite often.

Update: I have pictures of some of my characters (They aren't photos because it's kind of hard to find people with multicolored hair on google, so I picked anime pics. Thank you, Photobucket.)

Melody Arrenon: Image

Kirya Arrenon:

Sonata Luminara:

Forte Marquet:

Salan Travere:
only with blue hair, older, and slightly balding. Aaaaaack anime characters never look older than twenty.

I will try to have the second chapter posted by the weekend, and some of my own more accurate drawings of my characters posted soon.

Sometimes wisdom came from strange places, even from giant teenaged goldfish.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena