z

Young Writers Society

Recycled Ideas?

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:09 am
View Likes
Jassie says...

A couple years ago, you found a great idea for a story. 2 years later, you still haven't used that idea and now you're thinking, "wow, I'm never gonna use this"

Wanna be generous?
Put your "trashy" ideas in here and maybe someone will really like it and use it as their own.

To keep this on a creative level, please give ONLY a one to three sentence summary or something along those lines.

**Just because these generous writers are giving you ideas, do NOT take the idea directly.
-Change the idea around
-Be CREATIVE (put your own ideas in with theirs)
and

For every idea you take, please be generous and add another idea for others to use

I'll start:
~A young girl very interested in the supernatural after her mothers mysterious death
"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
-Cyril Connolly
For more of my tutorials: http://myspace.keonnected.com/jsimms/en/index.html

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:35 am
Snoink says...

A fantasy/ghost/mystery story. The noble girl escapes to a primitive tribe, has to live with them, and realizes that ZOMG, she fits the prophecy profile perfectly, which means she is going to have to face an evil thingy. Except... she doesn't even know what this evil thingy is! Ghosts come to her and show her something mysterious about the tribe leader and reveal something mysterious about the tribe leader, which makes him look like a possible murderer... or is he???? So now she has to figure out whodunnit or else she's probably going to get killed by the mysterious evil thingy!

*bashes head*

I can't believe I actually thought that was a good idea. O_o
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:32 am
winters says...

A scifi/drama set fifty years from now after a nuclear war. A group of survivors are stuck in the mid-western US and are heading south to escape nuclear winter. All the while they're being followed by soldiers and have to avoid more bombings and attacks.

I thought it was good, but could never string it together into a plot.
Just a thought.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:52 pm
Icaruss says...

Started this in primary. Extended about four years later. Abandoned it short after.

Alternate Earth. Steampunk influences. Different kingdoms and stuff. There's monsters, but they're more like animals more than anything, no orcs type of stuff. There's pirates. They're a real cult type of guys, with a really strict code. A young sailor joins a crew, that gets attacked by pirates. He gets taken prisoner. After some months of being a slave, he manages to break out. He knows he can't escape, since he's in a ship, so he goes to kill as many of these pirates as he can. He kills the captain.

And you guessed it.

Code says that whoever kills the captain becomes the captain. Some of the pirates don't agree, old ones do, the guy doesn't want to be the captain. They say-- hey, alright. We'll let you go. But. When they finally get to a port, they're attacked. The guy is stuck in the ship, shit happens, he's unhappy, they get out alive. After a few days, they find someone has got into their ship during the fighting. It's a prince (long story).

Now they have to take care of him.

And it goes on and on.
there are many problems in our times
but none of them are mine

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:52 am
Kylan says...

Vague horror/action/adventure possiblity:

A serial killer has the ability to hunt and torture the ghosts of his victims.

-Kylan
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

280 Reviews

Reviews: 280
Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:20 am
Sumi H. Inkblot says...

Heh, I know I'll never use this one. ^^

A girl is writing her novel and putting it up on a writer's site, but she stops in the 15th chapter or so. A man holds her family hostage and she must finish the book to let them go. Half of the story is the story she's writing.
ohmeohmy

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:16 am
lyrical_sunshine says...

ha, i never recycle my ideas. i have one lingering from 3rd grade. they all stay tucked away in the dark recesses of my mind...covered in cobwebs...lonely, abadoned.

although i don't think i'd feel right about stealing someones ideas, even if they were recycled.
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:33 pm
Jassie says...

It's not stealing ideas, it's being generous.
We did this in my english class. It's not a regular class, it's a writing class where we write stories and read our classmates stories. We took one sentence from two stories we liked and put them on notecards. Now we all have to write stories from two sentences we found on our classmates notecards that we liked.

Thanks for your post, but I'd really rather this not turn into a discussion post :(

P.S. I'm not using any of these ideas myself. I've got several stories I'm writing right now and I don't know if I can handle writing anymore. Plus, I made this post to help others, not myself
"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
-Cyril Connolly
For more of my tutorials: http://myspace.keonnected.com/jsimms/en/index.html

You cannot have an opponent if you keep saying yes.
— Richard Siken