z

Young Writers Society

Stumps

199 Reviews

Reviews: 199
Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:01 am
smorgishborg says...

Enjoy. Or don't. But make sure to tell me, if that's the case. If this is good enough, I'll get to direct it in the spring!
Attachments
Stumps.doc
Stumps; Draft III
(54 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
- Robert Frost

It cost $7 million to build the Titanic, and $200 million to make a film about it.
The plastic ties on the end of shoelaces are called aglets

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:57 pm
Krupp says...

Righto. I read it earlier this morning but didn't get a chance to say anything...so here.

I think it was fairly confusing, mate...sorry. But the whole conversation about dinner made no sense. It was almost as if you were implying something, and then changed your mind or forgot to mention what that was about.

I thought the whole thing about Sam being a figment of Garrison's imagination was pretty cool. I never would have seen that coming; however, the way you introduced it was also very abrupt and confusing. The stranger coming out of nowhere just seemed untimely and awkward. The whole battle with the trees and the woodcutters and whatnot seemed like a half-baked idea that needs to be chewed on a bit more thoroughly.

That's your problem right there, mate. I think this could have been good, but the plot needs some more analyzing and planning. It just seemed rushed and thrown together. Take care of that and I'm confident this could be an excellent stage production.

Good luck with it, man.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

Only the suppressed word is dangerous.
— Ludwig Borne