z

Young Writers Society

Diary of a Villain : Prologue

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:47 am
Sleeping Valor says...

Excerpt:
Apparently, the man who said ‘you are what you choose to be’ was a liar. A really horrible liar who took joy in making innocent little children believe that they could choose their own destiny and be whoever they wanted to be. If he’s still alive, someone should help him realize the error of his ways. It will start like this: “Sir, since you can choose your destiny, why don’t you decide you’re going to live while me and my knife decide you’re going to die and see who’s will is stronger?"

Synopsis
Diary of a Villain is the story of what happens to a young woman by the name of Yazra when she stops listening to her gentle nature and faces the fact that no matter how hard she tries to be good, she always seems to end up being bad.

Author's note
This story has been a lot of fun to write so far, so I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did.
Attachments
Prologue - Last days of denial.doc
In which Yazra learns that some things cannot be avoided
(161 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:25 am
Sam says...

Cool story, Sleeping_Valor. My critiquing style is a little bit weird in this one, but hopefully you'll follow my logic? ^_~ Thanks for the read!
Attachments
(102 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:36 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

Hey, just want you to know I downloaded your story and I'm working on it right now. I'll get it to you as soon as possible :)
May I asked the impossibly cliche question that's inevitable?
READ MINE!
HA.
It barely is over 5000 words, and its extremely raw.
So you'll get through it in no time.
"Michief out at Sea."
:D
Got YWS?

183 Reviews

Reviews: 183
Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:46 pm
LoveableLittleSock says...

This was very long for a prologue :)
I was extremely sad when it ended. I was like, "NOOO. Don't end!!" I love how Yazra always considers killing someone as her first option. "This little tiny harmless boy knows I killed the doctor. Maybe I should murder him..."
There were a few grammer mistakes, but thats pretty much it. You should consider using more words for 'said' like 'admitted,' 'told,' et cetera.

Are you going to post up more ? :D
Attachments
Prologue_-_Last_days_of_denial.doc
I loved it!
(113.5 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
Got YWS?

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:57 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

XD Thank you! I know it's long, when I finished and saw the number of pages, I look up 'prologue' and only let it go because they said it could be an 'introductory chapter'. =P

:D Yay! You liked it. ^_^ I actually first posted the prologue in the fantasy forum, and since there wasn't much response here (and I already had a bunch of readers in the forum) I decided to just continue posting it there. If you'd like, here's the link to the 'revamped' prologue, which is completely different (have no fear, the prologue you just critiqued becomes chapter one. You didn't waste your time. =P).

Trials of a Villain (DoaV Revamped) : Prologue - topic26581.html

You might notice there's a lo more DoaV stuff up (Pilot section, Chapter one, Chapter Two, Revised prologue part 1 & 2), unless you're a die hard fan, don't read it. =P It's all going to show up again in the first 1-3 chapters (though much improved, if I have anything to say about it).
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:42 pm
Stori says...

It's not fun when you don't get reviews. So I decided I'd go over the prologue and fix some errors.
Attachments
(80.5 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:43 pm
Stori says...

It's not fun when you don't get reviews. So I decided I'd go over the prologue and fix some errors.
Attachments
(80.5 KiB) Downloaded 56 times

There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
— W. Somerset Maugham