z

Young Writers Society

Call of the Wind

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:06 pm
lxtmidnight says...

(Title is subject to change)

Call of the Wind (also known as Almost a Love Story), in short, is about a quiet girl who falls in love with the wind.

fantasy, romance, mystery mix.

This is part one of a full-length novel. I know that 27,000 words in one go is quite an undertaking, but any feedback is appreciated.

Rip it, tear it to shreds, do what you will. I love the harsh and brutally honest.

Zipped, and saved in RTF so that any word processing program can read it. If you don't have WinZip or something similar, try this:

freewebs.com/lxtmidnight/Half%20a%20Love%20Story.rtf

To whoever takes this on, thank you so, so much! I will be happy to shower you in both points and reviews in return!
Attachments
Half a Love Story.zip
(69.29 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.
-Cyril Connolly

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:05 pm
pudin.junidf says...

Hi!!
I read your story. Well not all of it since, I'm running out of time right now but I got to review some of it. I can say it's good, very few things I picked out.
BUt one thing is killing me, I was wondering where were her conversations with the wind, her feelings towad the wind because I read about them only in the first page.
Well, here it is, and as long as I have read I like the story.
And some things I will tell you here right now. If it's about the wind, keep it about the wind. Also I'd like to see some more descriptions of the wind like give him an image, a voice, how it feels when it touches you. I need a reason to like the wind too. I know Sarene but I don't know how she looks like does she have green eyes, is she blonde, brunette?
So this is my comment and I'll finish later because I' have to leave. And besides what I just told you, I really like your story.

Pudin
Attachments
Half a Love Story review.zip
(108.77 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Les sanglots longs
Des violons
De l'autonne
Blessent mon coeur
D'une langueur
Monotone.

Verlaine

18 Reviews

Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:52 pm
lxtmidnight says...

Thanks a bunch for the help! I've started to revise, and hopefully I'll be able to post it soon. Allow me to build up enough points and I'll send you a little present :D

:thud:
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.
-Cyril Connolly

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:11 am
Dr. Tick Tock says...

Okay, I'm going to start working on this, but it might take a while.

I'd like to say, right now, that I hate both romance and mystery novels, but something about her falling in love with the wind just caught my heart. Literally. Thinking about it makes something tug inside my chest. I think it's because I have a similar affliction; I'm hopelessly in love with this handsome oak tree on the side of my driveway, and I know nothing can ever come from it.

Anyways (now that you think I'm a freak), I'll try to finish this as soon as possible! Obviously I don't have time to look over pudin.judinf's review, so if I repeat things from what she's said, sorry!

Anyways~ I don't know how long this will take. Between my own novel I'm working on (you'll remember it), my classes, applying for college, and etc, it might be a while. That's why I'm posting now, so you'll know someone is working on it!

Much love, and keep writing!

.Doctor

P.S.
I don't want points. Just reviews xD. -rolls in giant pile of critiques like a cat rolling in catnip-
|Doctor is prone to rants. Slap her if she starts rambling.|

18 Reviews

Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:17 pm
lxtmidnight says...

Hee hee...I love that you're in love with an oak tree :lol:

Thanks a lot, I'd really appreciate it if you'd review, even if it takes a few years.

Here is the newest version of my MS. Now, I've finally settled on a title that I love and want to keep (although, unfortunately through a bit of research I also found out it's the name of a Nike shoe, but that's a minor detail...)
Attachments
ventulus.zip
Updated 9/14/09
(92.85 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
-Cyril Connolly

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:54 am
Dr. Tick Tock says...

PINK = grammar/spelling mistake
RED = something I personally thought was awkward, confusing, etc
BLUE = my corrections/comments/thoughts. Sometimes next to the pink/red, other times commenting on random things that I couldn't exactly high light.

I stayed up late for a couple of days to finish this; otherwise I would have only gotten one page done a day. I've drunken more coffee over these past four days than I have in four months. Euh.

But it was worth it. It's a wonderful story. Of course, you'll see all the critique and stuff when you read through it. If you can't open it, then post or PM me or something and I'll post a different file extension.

Anyways, I hope I helped! Remember, critiques, not points. ~__^

.Doctor

P.S. I love that you love that I am in love with a tree. It was actually surprising to discover that Sarene and Lirion met under an oak tree every night. xD IT WAS MEANT TO BEEEE!

P.P.S
My oak tree's name is Kasagri. Asher's Bound is going to be named after him.
Attachments
call of the wind; Doctor's review.doc
(245 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
|Doctor is prone to rants. Slap her if she starts rambling.|

18 Reviews

Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:35 pm
lxtmidnight says...

That was a probably the Best Crit I've got in a while. You didn't have to put up with so much coffee for this...*sniff* (I can't stand the stuff personally, so I'm especially touched xD)

Thanks so so so (insert as many more so's as you desire) much! Really, it helped a lot. I knew the first draft was pretty rough (they always are) but I didn't really know [i]what[i] was rough about it. Now I've got a lot to go on.

I am now your Review Slave. If I don't get to something you've posted right away, feel free to send a PM and I'll get to work a quickly as I can. I've actually had people email me stuff before, which you could do if you want to, especially since I haven't been on much lately. (I'm really starting to hate the SATs...)

I hope I didn't sound too gushy (though I know I probably do anyway o_o) but thanks again! XD
-Cyril Connolly

I do all of the training for Walgreen’s cashiers.
— The Devil