z

Young Writers Society

Beyond the Doorway of Doom Chapter 2

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:12 pm
Krupp says...

Chapter 2 of my fantasy novel takes us to the other side of the world, into a city that's rife with fear and despair. A detective is chasing after a secretive killer that delves deeply into the supernatural, and Satanism....

What the detective Trent Miller discovers is more than just a man that kills out of insanity; he finds a darkness that is far greater than any man can face:

like last time, I will give 50 points to anyone who critiques along with the additional points they get for writing a critique. So you have that to look forward to as well as a great chapter to read should you decided to undertake reading the chapter.

I apologize if this seems long. I was just on a roll when I wrote it all.
Attachments
BDD 2.doc
(48 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

Reviews: 3
Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:33 pm
germangrlzrule says...

It seemed good to me. Some of your sentence wording is alittle off, and can at time be a little confusing. I get a good sence of character, and your visualzation is on point. As far as I can tell I don't see much wrong with it. But maybe a more advanced critque could pick out some things. Sorry I couldn't help you more

----------------
CHECK OUT MY BLOG
CHECK OUT MY BLOG!!!!!!!!!
& friend request me

80 Reviews

Reviews: 80
Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:24 am
Jay says...

Well, I don't usually like things that involve "cold, dark, and reeking of bodily fluids, split and rotting flesh". The phrase 'his knuckles started to turn black and blue, and enlarge' is a bit awkward-maybe 'swell up' would be better than 'enlarge'? I like the blend of fantasy and reality. It sounds like it's becoming quite a dark story, so it would benefit from some humour here and there to balance the grim mood out.

HONK
— The Golden Goose