z

Young Writers Society

That's So Gay!

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:13 pm
View Likes
SakuraFallsSweetly♥ says...

That was a great poem! Well done! I've often written ones like this, and it's also something I feel strongly about. You're cool to have put the message out, I really liked this. Keep up the good writing because you're very good at it!
The only true failure, is when you give up. ♥

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:47 am
View Likes
thersites says...

I have to make my opinion clear on this one. I admire the decision and the balls it took to put something this powerful, this controversial, this bold on paper. It is brash it is raw and it is fresh and I am utterly speechless. A bold pen is the best pen, keep that up and your word will resonate. Forget those naysayers who might think that this is profane or offensive, they are simply afraid to embrace the hypocrisy that cracks our society at its foundation. Thank you for being a voice for those of us who are unafraid to speak up about those cracks. You inspire me in many ways to be more fearless and bold in every aspect of my life.

Thers
Let's run in some circles, mate.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:11 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Hi! I actually think this would serve as a nonfiction story than a poem. Right now, this is a little more than a rant that is in poetic form. Which is fine (we need rants too... rants can change the world!) but it's not really poetic. However, if you add real instances where you see this kind of prejudice happening and talk about the injustice of it... it can be even more powerful than what you have here. And let's face it... the more power you have on these particular subjects, the better this is!

Anyway, see if you can flesh it out. This has the potential to be really good, if you develop this properly.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:47 pm
View Likes
AliyahPillage says...

I like this because it's true.
I have nothing else to say.
Wo Ai Ni (I Love You) Jessicarlie Love

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:35 pm
View Likes
LiesOnLies says...

I wasn't too impressed with this poem at all. For instance the "N" word is used a lot amongst some in the black community. I"ve heard several black students call each other that numerous times. It is a wrong thing to say if you're not black and you could get jumped..but that's beside the point.

This poem really just felt like another homosexual ranting about injustice in regards to other homosexuals. If you're gay, then you're gay, and I personally don't see anything wrong with it unless you're like parading yourself around and such. that would piss me off if you're were a heterosexual too...lol. Anyway, this rant has been said over and over that it just comes out too annoying.

Reviews: 1
Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:15 pm
SunshineandCarnage says...

Thanks for this. This is my opinion as well.
If looks could kill, you'd be turning blue as we speak

I may not agree with what you say, but I'll fight to the death your right to say it- Voltaire

Rainbow Dash: Cutesy? Wootsy? Have you even met me?

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:21 am
mikepyro says...

I can feel the words and emotion here, but honestly its more a rant than it is a poem. The ideas aren't fleshed out, the imagery flat, and it's something I've heard over and over. It's structured well, and I feel if you expand your words to show clear examples of oppression it will only be stronger.

The n word and oppression to blacks has been a focus for much longer, and with new rights blacks have gained independence and freedom and a lesser degree of prejudice. Homosexuals are beginning this much later, but in time one can't deny that more and more will come to accept homosexuality. Be strong.

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:27 am
michaeld says...

I think that this was an amazing poem! It definitely has a lot of potential. I don't think you need to do anything different with it, it's perfect the way it is :) Great job! Keep writing! BRAVO
"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ~ Anton Chekhov

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:59 am
View Likes
Fullmetal13 says...

this...really really touched me...i struggle everyday with everyone calling me a faggot or asking me if i like d*** or other things and this...this is really something. i love it and it makes such a valid point. I'm holding an assembly in february on anti bullying and i'm not asb. it's something simply run by the victims with intent of giving voice to the voiceless. this is really encouraging to see that someone feels the same way i do...thank you...thank you so much.
"To hell with circumstance. I create my own oppurtunities." -Bruce Lee

I think I have thankfully avoided being quoted.
— Lavvie