shatter.

You glance away
with eyes of daggers.

I reach inside myself,
feel my warm beating heart.
I take it out and study it,
until I find that you,
are no where inside.
Last edited by snickerdooly on Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Characters cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved." Helen Keller

532 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 532
Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:36 am
GeeLyria says...

Ohhai there, snickerdooly.

You're a great poet, I'll start by saying that. You take words, and a simple situation, and then transform it into art, that is what a good writer does. Kudos on that. The only thing that I'd say, and you could just ignore me if I don't make sense, is that you should make patterns when you write a poem. And by that I mean, group the same amount of lines in each stanza. I think it'd look more professional, but then again that's just my opinion.

~Solly<3
Noob is a state of being, not a length of time. ~Ego

"Serás del tamaño de tus pensamientos; no te permitas fracasar."

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:30 pm
slytherin7 says...

Heaps good poem. Your words are very well used. Love it! Keep writing :)

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:10 pm
Kale says...

Laughing in our boats
of roses and violets.
Waves push us ashore.

The first period should be a comma or perhaps a dash, otherwise it reads like the first two lines and the third are unrelated.

are nowhere inside.

One word.

Your enjambment felt quite awkward throughout this piece, especially in the second stanza. Keep in mind that, when a line ends, there's a pause as your readers' eyes move from the end of that line to the next. While the pause isn't as long as a comma's pause, it is still substantial, and having it placed in a strange place can really break the flow of the poem, making it feel choppy and disjointed, especially since ending a line with a word tends to put quite a bit of emphasis on that word.

The easiest way to catch issues with flow is to read your poem aloud, or have someone read it to you, and take note of where things sound awkward or off. Playing around with your line breaks is also a good idea to see if a different configuration works and sounds better.

Right now, the line breaks drew a lot of attention to themselves rather than fading into the background. As a result, most of the line breaks detracted from the poem rather than enhancing it.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:45 am
View Likes
ladymarmalade says...

The last stanza is what really got me. I could just see that scene so vividly and "Crystal Clear". Aha corny pun, my bad. Loved your poem! keep it up! :)

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:51 am
AlfredSymon says...

Hi Snick! It's Al again for a revue!

Well I really love the overall concept of your work. I easily understood the theme it exemplifies and the message you want to tell the readers. He left you because of one short moment. It was both sad and cold. But it is beautifully written. I also like your creativity in putting up a scene and your figurative speech!

Your eyes are crystal,
and as you watch me,
you search mine for roses,
but you don't find any.
So your crystal eyes,
shatter.

The stanza above was beautifully written, and I think it's the most important part of the poem. But it lacks a certain explanation because it happened so quickly. Try to check-up on that!

That's the only things I want to say, so, that's all, thanks for reading Al's Kudos Revue!

Rating: ;) ;) ;) :)
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:34 pm
AliyahPillage says...

I love this poem a lot.
We tumble out
of our addiction
and find ourselves
falling away from
each other.

This was my favorite stanza.
Keep writing!
Wo Ai Ni (I Love You) Jessicarlie Love

What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though.
— J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye