z

Young Writers Society

It's Nonsense, Understand?

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:06 am
creativityrules says...

Spoiler! :
My brain thinks like this. It's probably confusing, which is how my mind is anyway, so...yeah. Comments, please?

Understandable nonsense
makes no more sense
than nonsense itself,
so why do we choose
to describe something as nothing,
and anything as better
than what we don't want to happen?

Are we defending undefendable choices,
or justifying unjustifyable acts?
To switch things up, we could say
we are wishing for impossibilities.
It all makes no difference,
which is just another way to say
I don't care,
not
it doesn't matter.
Because, as a matter of fact,
it does.

Silence the unsilenceable,
defeat the undefeatable,
and we will be unstoppable.

Do the impossible, and anything is possible.
But first, make sense out of me.
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

94 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 94
Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:12 am
TheEstimableEelz says...

Loving the nonsense and the sense.

and anything as better
than what we don't (Line break added, I think it makes the lines more in keeping with the 'nonsense' thing.)
want to happen?

Great second stanza. It could have devolved into a stereotypical, uncreative juxtaposition game, but it didn't. Nice job moving the argument forward and with the varied line lengths - that was fun to look at and read.

Third stanza is a bit too over-done for me to really like it... (Listen to or look at the lyrics for "'Libera Me' from Hell" to get an idea of what I mean by this being done already.)

Cute ending. A very whimsical challenge in keeping with the title - which in retrospect now reads as way more willfully stubborn (or tsundere...), haha. Quite great, actually, tricking the reader into thinking quite seriously about self-proclaimed nonsense. And while the sense is indeed there, I can't really make it out at this time. Cool piece, keep writing! =]
Formerly 'ilyaeelz.' Others experiment with drugs. I experiment with punctuation and grammar.

"Research your own experiences for the truth, absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is specifically your own." - Bruce Lee

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:23 pm
Deanie says...

Creativ!

I absolutely loved this! It was really confusing at first, but when I got the hang of it it was so much fun to read. It put a smile on my face. Very creative!

creativityrules wrote:Do the impossible, and anything is possible.
But first, make sense out of me.

A very nice ending. I really liked it. And I loved your first three lines as well. I have no criticism.

Deanie x
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

I am always saying "Glad to've met you" to somebody I'm not at all glad I met. If you want to stay alive, you have to say that stuff, though.
— Holden Caulfield