I wish you'd see my heart that is full of love for you
I hope one day you can see that my tears tell a sad story
- Kayla

662 Reviews

Reviews: 662
Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:38 pm
View Likes
dogs says...

Kaylaaaaa! This is lovely! This is a huge step forward from your last poem. This is a great piece of writing I really really love it! The third stanza is just soooo perfect! You use an excellent contrast between:

"It is her whom I envy
And its you who I love"

Great line! Absolutely loved it!

All and all Kayla this is great, such a great improvement from your other piece. I am so glad that you took your time to sit down and re-write because not to many people do that. Congratulations Kayla you have won a rare "like" from me! Happy Writing! Keep up the good work!!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxo
TuckEr EllsworTh :smt032
Be a cool kid and do my Short Story Contest! viewtopic.php?f=404&t=97148&p=1122883#p1122883

"Quoth the Raven. Nevermore" - Edgar Allan Poe

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:41 pm
kaylamarie004 says...

I can't thank you enough. You encouraged me to write another. I just couldn't put your advice to waste.
- Kayla

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:44 pm
AquaMarine says...

Hello there!

Right now, the biggest way I can see you improving this poem is by making it (and I'm really sorry for the generalisation here) more poetic. It's quite a blunt poem, and though the reader can see the emotions and follow it very easily, what you've written seems simple. Often, simple doesn't mean bad. However, though the poem isn't bad I think it could definitely benefit from more thought and consideration as to how you portray what's happening. It's very easy to state that the narrator feels jealous, less so to think of an original and interesting way to show that the narrator is jealous.

There are so many poetic devices you can use to, for lack of a better phrase, spice up this poem. Metaphors, similes, imagery and personification are just a few of these. When writing a poem, you have so many different techniques and methods at your fingertips, and it would be really awesome if you took advantage of this a little more throughout your poem. Try and focus on one aspect of how the narrator is feeling or what she sees and build up on that a little bit to just make you poem stand out and show the reader what's happening.

Hope this helps,

Amy.
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:48 pm
SwallowedByInsanity says...

I must say, I don't think there's a soul in the universe out there that can't relate to this poem. Wanting that one person that we cannot have. Your poem speaks beautifully of the anguish of jealousy.
The only critique I might have would be to put a little more soul and emotion into it. Really dig deep down and release your innermost feelings. The poem tells a tale of love that is short and sweet, but I'd really like to see a little more of you in it, you know? I still absolutely love it, especially the line about "watching you fall in love with her black heart". That was definitely one of my favorites. Keep writing, you have a lot of potential!
Love is a poison, but it is also the antidote.

The insanity at my fingertips is not even slightly coherent.

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.
— Corrie Ten Boom