z

Young Writers Society

Charcoal Sketch

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:37 am
ladymarmalade says...

Spoiler! :
This idea came to me since someone who I'm infatuated with, loves to draw. There is of course a hidden meaning. The question is, what is it? It's up to you. Enjoy.

Speak to me
let me create
vivid dreams
to come awake

Mystery unfolds
breathtaking detail
quite more than precious
my lover will soon see

Such emotion
beautiful disaster
messy, smudgy
But oh, oh so lovely

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:48 am
catslikebooks2 says...

O la la! Very enticing poem!This poem exudes seductiveness!I can just picture it! This poem is very vivid, exuberant in its descriptions, without revealing too much. I don't know how you fit so much tone in such a small poem as you did! This poem is beautifully executed, and the diction really creates a poem on it's own level! I bet this poem could seduce your guy! ;)
"You know how writers are... they create themselves as they create their work. Or perhaps they create their work in order to create themselves."-Orson Scott Card
Cats are awesome! So are books!so obviously; catslikebooks2!

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:24 am
AlfredSymon says...

Hahaha! No I'm still sane, don't worry, I can still critique your work. Hahahahaha

Ok, I'm not laughing now. I like your poem because it entails a slow-mo story. I really like those scenes in the movies wherein they slow up the moment just to emphasize the occassion. That's exactly what you did in this piece.

I also like works about art. It's like 'art about art' or something. You get me? Oh, just forget it...

Moreover, I like the last part of the poem:
Such emotion
beautiful disaster
messy, smudgy
But oh, oh so lovely

Well, except for the 'beautiful disaster' part. I think it really doesn't fit the poem. Additionally, I think this part of the piece is very artsy, unlike the upper verses. I think you should make you're overall poem like this. The tone is from an artist, making it more fit with your theme and story concept.

Here's my rating for you: :D :D :D

Keep up writing!

Your Quick Critic,
Al
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:37 pm
SwallowedByInsanity says...

ladymarmalade wrote:Speak to me
let me create
vivid dreams
to come awake
I loved this stanza! that last line 'to come awake' sounded a bit awkward and forced though...

Mystery unfolds
breathtaking detail
quite more than precious
my lover will soon see
Maybe try to move the words around a little bit, their kind of chunky and strangely put together.

Such emotion
beautiful disaster
messy, smudgy
But oh, oh so lovely
I loved this last stanza, an excellent way to bring the whole thing together. Keep writing!
Love is a poison, but it is also the antidote.

The insanity at my fingertips is not even slightly coherent.

Patience is the strength of the weak, impatience is the weakness of the strong.
— Immanuel Kant, Philosopher