z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:34 am
Nate says...

Thanks @Wolfie36. I'll take a look at it.

@Messenger, do you know if it's only certain types of notifications, or is it all notifications? I've noticed it myself, but it's been restricted to notifications for clubs.

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:39 am
Messenger says...

It is happening with clubs. It looks like review replies and likes work fine. Maybe it is just clubs

285 Reviews

Reviews: 285
Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:39 am
GreenTulip says...

@Nate,

I've been having issues with forums and storybooks. Anything larger than a page won't load or the comments won't load in a normal ammount of time.

I use Google Chrome, but I have tried i on a nook and a tablet's browser and It is showing up the same.
Life works in funny ways sometimes. Some get hurt, others go through without a single bruise. I could tell so many stories of how I got each scar that is scattered across my flesh.

425 Reviews

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:28 am
Nate says...

@GreenTulip, it sounds like something is off with your Internet connection. The only thing I can suggest trying is clearing the browser cache, the directions for which are here:
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95582?hl=en

If you do clear your browser cache, be sure to only check "empty the cache."

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:00 am
Wolfi says...

Nate,
Maybe it IS a size problem, after all. I had tested my profile banner picture for the club banner that first time, and it didn't work. As a result, I supposed size wasn't an issue. Just now, I tried my profile picture and it worked. I tried the picture I wanted (https://ne1-attach.ymail.com/us.f1218.m ... g.Rphn7Q--), and nothing happened. I guess I'll have to try to make it smaller. Although the banner should have worked. Oh well.. thanks for the help, Nate!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

285 Reviews

Reviews: 285
Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:34 pm
GreenTulip says...

I get the following message when I try to go to my storybook.
Attachments
Screenshot 2014-04-29 at 09.33.15.png
Life works in funny ways sometimes. Some get hurt, others go through without a single bruise. I could tell so many stories of how I got each scar that is scattered across my flesh.

425 Reviews

Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:52 pm
Nate says...

@GreenTulip, it looks like you changed your board preferences to display posts only over a certain number of days. To change it back, go to the Settings Dashboard (the gear tab) then Board Preferences then Edit Display Options. Once there, make sure you have the following settings:

Display topics from previous days: All Topics

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:09 pm
Messenger says...

Yep @Nate, It's definitely just in the clubs. Is there anything I can do?

EDIT: I hate to bug you again (no pun intended) but i am having another problem. I am subscribed to the YWS Radio Theater forum, but even though I get notifications from it, when I click on the notifications, it says "This Topic does not exist" When I go to it through the forums it works fine.

Mozilla Firefox and Google chrome
Last edited by Messenger on Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:22 pm
Zontafer says...

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but sometimes the chatbar stops working. There comes a '0' on each side of the name, and it's only happened when I've talked to one person.

I can't open the chat window, and it doesn't work refreshing the page. I think it works as long as I log out and in.

Is this a bug or just something I didn't know about?
*confused*

- Zontafer
"If you're going through hell, keep going."
- Winston Churchill

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat May 03, 2014 7:56 pm
TheFlamingonator says...

Hi, I'm having trouble writing works on this site and I also am not able to upload anything. I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.0(sidenote: it might look cool, but I'd choose a laptop over this piece of garbage any day) and it won't let me properly write or edit my works nor will it let me upload any documents from my Files (I use Polaris Office to write basically everything whether it is for school or just on my freetime). Any tips on what I should do, for example use a different program or something like that? All help is appreciated.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu May 08, 2014 4:13 pm
KingLucifer says...

I posted a work recently and categorized it as "Fantasy- General" but for some reason it doesn't show up in the Green Room which is extremely weird.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

95 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 95
Thu May 08, 2014 4:38 pm
Clarity says...

@Avalon I just scanned your portfolio and you have no works of that combined genre. Are you sure it posted?
"Be courageous and try to write in a way that scares you a little."

she/they

Home is where the books are kept.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Thu May 08, 2014 4:40 pm
lostthought says...

Perhaps you marked it as a draft.
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu May 08, 2014 4:55 pm
Monsters says...

Hey nate, please fix the double space after you submit a work; it's hurting the newcomers because they don't know how to format their poetry in the way that they would like it.

You often see

poems

Written

like this

and it is hurting my

eyes

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu May 08, 2014 5:08 pm
birk says...

Hey Monsters!

I'm sure it's all tricky to fix, it has recurred for a while.

You can however bypass it though, so if you see any newcomers who struggled with this, just point them to this thread:

How to format your poetry on YWS
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

If I had control over the quote generator, I feel like I would put half of YWS in it.
— Kaia