z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu May 08, 2014 5:29 pm
Monsters says...

Hey @Birkhoff it's rather strange that you would point me to that link because I kinda 'wrote the book' not the book but the original post. :P If you look in imhero's signature it says "new profile" and the link will go right to my page, cause well, that's me.

It should be fixed because

1. It's counter intuitive
2. There is no option to make spaces before lines
3. User's would much rather just post then worry about the html code
4. users are now taking screen shots of their heavy formatted poetry
5. Screen shots make it harder to review because the reviewer cannot copy their code to talk about a specific part of the poem

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu May 08, 2014 5:35 pm
birk says...

Haha, I see @Monsters. ;)

Aside from that though, there aren't any other options at the moment. And I'd guess time constraints keep it from being optimized.

Do you see a lot of these screen shots? I've only seen one occurance lately, though I'll admit I don't browse the potry section too often.
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu May 08, 2014 5:45 pm
niteowl says...

I'm pretty sure fixing the editor would require either finding/testing/installing a better text editor or building a new one from the ground up, neither of which are trivial tasks. Nate is the only one who can do that stuff and he has been busy with real-world stuff and maintaining the site.

Weirdly enough, I recall testing it and it worked beautifully preserving format and everything. I wish there was a quick fix too, but this issue has already been brought up several times.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu May 08, 2014 5:47 pm
Monsters says...

@birkoff

Any poem that contains the technique that E.E. Cummings uses(don't know the name) were he spaced the words and lines to help the poem flow will also contain a screen shot usually (or people have to sacrifice or spend hours formatting correctly);

For some examples;
of wedding planning, caterers, congratulations, and ingredients because you're invited to crazy
a mole dream
In Case of Blowout
Axis

(random recent poems, two from @Audy , one from @rhiasofia and one from @Fortis )

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu May 08, 2014 5:54 pm
Auxiira says...

@Monsters, we've talked about this before in this thread, and Nate has said that it's on his list, but further down.
If reviewers want to quote a specific part, then by all means, they can copy it out. I quite often do that with prose anyway.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu May 08, 2014 6:01 pm
niteowl says...

@Auxiira, it doesn't work if the poem is posted as an image. I guess a screenshot could do it but that's a bit too much work.

I'm pretty sure we actually tested it with an e.e. cummings poem and it worked. You're supposed to be able to upload Word documents, but I think it still messes with spacing.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu May 08, 2014 6:09 pm
Auxiira says...

by copy, I mean type (sowwy for the confuddlement >.< )
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

95 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 95
Mon May 12, 2014 8:13 pm
Clarity says...

I tried (and failed) to submit a comment around 4 times. I think it's the £ sign that made it not submit.
"Be courageous and try to write in a way that scares you a little."

she/they

Home is where the books are kept.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Tue May 13, 2014 8:19 pm
View Likes
Craz says...

For some reason I'm not seeing any notifications. Even when I click "Show Notifications for the Past ___ Days" It still doesn't change. It's not that I just don't have anything going on, because I had a good bit of notifications yesterday and it would have showed up when I looked at yesterday's notifications.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue May 13, 2014 10:30 pm
birk says...

I can't recall seeing these kinds of ads before, so I'm not sure if I am supposed to get them.

If you hover over them, a video starts playing. Real annoying.

"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed May 14, 2014 2:48 pm
CesareBorgia says...

I tried submitting an article for the Weekly Writer, but the code didn't work... and I'm sure I used the right code.
Cesare
Proud Writer of the Week judge

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Wed May 14, 2014 2:51 pm
Hannah says...

CesareBorgia wrote:I tried submitting an article for the Weekly Writer, but the code didn't work... and I'm sure I used the right code.

Hey, Cesare!

I'd love to try to help you out, but I have no idea what code you're talking about. If you could be more specific about the problem, maybe we can find a solution. :)
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu May 15, 2014 5:40 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Agreed @Birkhoff. I don't know when Google added those, but I've now disabled them.

@Craz (and everyone), I looked into the issue, and it's entirely my fault. A couple days ago I was trying to figure out the cause for the delayed club notifications, and one of the things I tried to do was delete all notifications that were older than a week. But in reviewing what happened, I used the wrong timestamp to delete notifications and ended up removing pretty much all of them. I deeply apologize for my error, and it's something that won't happen again.

@Clarity, aye, the comment posting for the people tab doesn't like a lot of symbols (most notably, the + sign). I tried fixing it a while back, but I generally made things worse with the fix. I agree that it's an annoying bug, and I'll try to get it fixed here soon.

95 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 95
Thu May 15, 2014 4:58 pm
Clarity says...

Ah, no problem. XD I'll just take note of not to use symbols...
"Be courageous and try to write in a way that scares you a little."

she/they

Home is where the books are kept.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun May 18, 2014 12:47 am
crossroads says...

Me again! Did something new happen with mobile chat? I couldn't enter it on Chrome - it would keep loading and then give me the login screen, telling me I disconnected. Usually reloading solves that, but it just kept happening.

I managed to get in with Safari, though, and apparently Torch is working too.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

Edna began to feel like one who awakens gradually out of a dream, a delicious, grotesque, impossible dream, to feel again the realities pressing into her soul.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening