Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Tue May 20, 2014 2:55 pm
whitewolfpuppy says...

- Include your browser and version. - FireFox 29.0.1
- Time problem occurred.- Past day or two
- A detailed description of what happened. What section were you on? What were you doing? What were you trying to do? I am on my profile page and I am unable to post any status. For some reason, it keeps telling me that the status failed to be posted. I am able to do everything else but add new status to my profile. :(
- Your operating system. Mac OS X Version 10.9.3
Sʟᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ Cʏᴀɴɪᴅᴇ
⊱ fear ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟ. ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀ c h o i c e . ⊰

~ Knight Onyx

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue May 20, 2014 5:56 pm
Auxiira says...

Hey @whitewolfpuppy!
Are you using any symbols or accents in your status? YWS really doesn't like them being used on your wall...
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue May 20, 2014 6:16 pm
View Likes
Nate says...

Wolf, thank you for including all that info :)

As Auxiira noted, there is probably some character in the status message that YWS doesn't like. However, I am working on a fix that should be forthcoming within the next couple days.

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Wed May 21, 2014 2:28 pm
whitewolfpuppy says...

@Auxiira Oh I was using an accent in my status. I totally forgot all about that! >.< Thank you for the reminder!
Sʟᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ Cʏᴀɴɪᴅᴇ
⊱ fear ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟ. ɪᴛ ɪs ᴀ c h o i c e . ⊰

~ Knight Onyx

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed May 28, 2014 2:28 am
ScarlettFire says...

@Nate I'm not sure if this is a bug or a server issues, but WFP is down and has been down the for three days now. Today's the third day. I'm using Safari on my boyfriend's mac, and I'm not sure if it's my internet or not, either. Safari keeps tell me it can't open the page because the server unexpectedly dropped out or something along those lines. Plus, it loads only a bit and then sits there for ages before suddenly clicking over to "Failed to open page".

Thought I might let you know.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed May 28, 2014 2:36 am
crossroads says...

^ It's down for me too. iPad, Safari/Chrome. I also know it's down for some people on their PCs, so it looks like it's not our computers' fault...
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

425 Reviews

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 28, 2014 3:00 am
ScarlettFire says...

@AriaAdams, that's good to know. Sort of.

@Nate you're awesome!

425 Reviews

Wed May 28, 2014 3:02 am
Nate says...

WriterFeedPad is back up again. Sorry for the downtime.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 28, 2014 3:08 am
ScarlettFire says...

Thanks so much, @Nate. Now I can work on my novel and profiles for my SB! You're the best!

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Wed May 28, 2014 3:09 am
Holysocks says...

Speaking of site bugs... I'm curious, is the no stars without an avatar something that was done on purpose?
100% autistic

425 Reviews

Wed May 28, 2014 3:48 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Glad to help @ScarlettFire :)

@Holysocks, no stars for no avatar isn't really a bug, but it's not really something that was deliberate either. It's just the way that the code for avatars is currently written; adding in the stars for no avatar would require quite a few more lines of code, and it's just not something that's ever been important.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed May 28, 2014 3:58 am
Iggy says...

Nate wrote:no stars for no avatar isn't really a bug, but it's not really something that was deliberate either. It's just the way that the code for avatars is currently written; adding in the stars for no avatar would require quite a few more lines of code, and it's just not something that's ever been important.

Iggy wrote:Nate, sorry to bug you again, but it seems people aren't earning their stars? It's five reviews to earn your first star, right? So unless it changed, and I'm certain it hasn't, then people haven't been earning them. For instance, wordsmakemovements and joshua3322 have both made eight reviews and have no stars. Can you please take a look and fix it, or let me know if I'm wrong? :)

That answers this question, then. You learn something new about YWS every day. :D
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Wed May 28, 2014 4:52 am
Holysocks says...

Hmm... that makes sense. I thought maybe it was a grand plot to encourage users to get their own avatars! XP
100% autistic

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri May 30, 2014 8:11 pm
crossroads says...

I can't add pictures to my clubs. That is, when I try to upload an avatar or banner, it doesn't give me any sort of error or anything, it acts as if everything is right, but then the avatar/banner just doesn't show.
This is only happening on iPad, but it still sucks 'cause I can't do it on a computer now <.<
I tried different sizes. I also tried to upload the pics (which I doodled on iPad) elsewhere and then save them again and upload them here, and it still won't work :/
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

If you know what the tip of a shoelace is called, Congratulations, you watched Phineas and Ferb!
— FireEyes