z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:42 pm
Willard says...

My chat bar is having problems opening. For example,I would click a name of a person who I would want to chat with, it freezes for 10 seconds, then the name appears. When I click the name, it does nothing.
It was "fixed" at one point, but then it returned to normal

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:53 pm
Nate says...

Hey Strange, hit ctrl + 0 (Ctrl and the number zero) on your keyboard.

What happened is your browser is either zoomed out or zoomed in, and the chatbar for some reason doesn't work when that happens (I've sent a message to the developers, and they're working on it). Hitting ctrl + 0 resets the zoom settings to normal.

191 Reviews

Reviews: 191
Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:18 am
carbonCore says...

- Browser and version: Chrome Version 35.0.1916.114 m

- Time problem occurred: 1:11 AM Eastern Time

- A detailed description of what happened: I was viewing a thread (but I forget which one), and clicking on a user's profile link (their name, above their avatar) makes me download the file profile.htm. Clicking on the main YWS logo on top left of YWS made me download index.php. Clicking on the "forums" tab made me download the file forums.htm. Midway through writing this message (1:15 AM) I went to check it out again, and it stopped happening; then I went to a user's profile, tried going back to main index page, and it started happening again.

- Your operating system. Windows 8.1

Edit (11:19 AM): The issue is no longer occurring for me.
_

425 Reviews

Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:40 pm
Nate says...

Odd. That's actually happened to me as well a couple times, though not on YWS. If you do a Google search for "chrome clicking on link starts download," you'll see a few posts about it, but no solutions.

Anyways, probably a browsing relating bug. If it happens again, just let me know!

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:11 am
crossroads says...

I'm having an odd and somewhat amusing problem this time.
As it seems, I'm unable to tag @Lauren2010 anywhere but in the mod forums - it keeps tagging @Laure instead and it just ignores the "n2010" part >.>

iPad, Safari, as usual.

Edit - See? ^
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

425 Reviews

Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:33 am
Nate says...

Interesting! I think I know what the problem is, and I'll look into it here shortly.

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:27 am
shiney1 says...

Are banners still a thing on the YWS profiles? No banners, except the official ones, show up for me, not even mine. But my sister just told me that she sees mine. So there's a problem on my end?
I tried "editing" my banner to see if it reappears, but nothing happens...
"If you ever have a problem don't say 'Hey God I have a big problem.' Rather 'Hey Problem... I have a big God and it's all going to be okay."

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:14 pm
Demeter says...

- Include your browser and version. - Firefox 29.0.1

- Time problem occurred - all of today (June 5th)

- A detailed description of what happened. What section were you on? What were you doing? What were you trying to do?

Well, when I clicked my YWS bookmark, which usually takes me to the homepage, it took me instead to a different "page" (see attachment). I thought YWS was down, but after Elinor said that the site wasn't down for her, I tried again. The bookmark took me to that weird page again, but when I searched YWS through Google, I got to the site as normal!

- Your operating system. Mac OS X 10.6.8
Attachments
Näyttökuva 2014-06-05 kohteessa 17.11.14.png
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

425 Reviews

Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:24 pm
Nate says...

Hey @Demeter, what's shown in the url bar when you get that page?

878 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:39 pm
Demeter says...

@Nate - seems that "youngwriterssociety.com" shows that page (still happening), but "www.youngwriterssociety.com" takes me to YWS.

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

425 Reviews

Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:15 pm
Nate says...

@Demeter, were you on the site at all between 10am to noon BST? There were some errors with the site at the time and it's possible that you're getting a cached version of when the website was temporarily down.

Anyways, I've purged all server cache files just in case, so it's possible that it may be working now.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:39 pm
Demeter says...

@Nate, yes, I tried around noon BST, but for some reason I'm still getting that page if I go to YWS without the "www". However, with www the site is working like normal.

Got YWS?

425 Reviews

Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:09 pm
Nate says...

I've gone through the server settings, and I have no idea what could be causing it -- all I can figure is that you're either getting a cached page or maybe it's being blocked on your local network.

Try hitting ctrl + F5 to force a total refresh of the page. If that doesn't work, what happens when you go to http://youngwriterssociety.com/people.php? Does it work, or do you still get the Apache2 page?

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:39 pm
tinny says...

Which version of IE does YWS support? I'm stuck using IE8 at work, and I don't want to bother you with 'bugs' when I'm using a browser that's out of the ark.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

878 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:49 pm
Demeter says...

@Nate - it seems to be okay now. :D Thanks!

Got YWS?

I don't think so alliyah, but don't quote me on that.
— TheBlueCat