z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:11 pm
Nate says...

@Demeter, awesome!

@tinny, unfortunately only IE 10+. However, if you run into anything that makes the site un-usable, definitely let me know.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:02 pm
Alvarin says...

I'm not sure if this even counts as a bug, but it kind of bothers me so I decided I should probably report it anyway. Of some reason the first and second chapters aren't in the correct order, even though I uploaded chapter 1 first. It's making my OCD itch.
Attachments
bug.jpg
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:10 pm
niteowl says...

@Alvarin did you edit the Portfolio numbers at some point? Go to Settings, then "Edit portfolio" and click on the folder you wish to edit. You can then see the current order (if they're not all 0, it will go from lowest to higheest number).
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:34 pm
Alvarin says...

Oh, thank you, @niteowl
I never edited it before though, and they were all on 0, so it was a bit strange that they'd change order :s Anyway, it looks better in my portfolio now, though it's still in the wrong order under "related items" but I guess that can't be helped.
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:27 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

I'm having some technical issues with the chat bar here on YWS. Whenever I want to check Who's Online, I can click on it no problem. But when someone tries to chat with me or if I want to click on someone's name, it simply doesn't work.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:38 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

@Tortwag, check the zoom on your browser. That's been known to happen if the zoom is off.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:00 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

?? *checks the zoom. Zooms in. Miraculously works.*
... Oh. *facepalm* I feel bad now, but thanks. Didn't though that could change anything.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

425 Reviews

Mon Jun 09, 2014 5:15 pm
Nate says...

Yeah, I have no idea why it fixes it either. The chatbar is a third party product, and I sent an email a few months ago to the people who make it regarding the issue, but no fix for it yet. I tried taking a look at it myself, but couldn't figure it out.

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:12 pm
kayfortnight says...

Yikes. I submitted my work, but when I hit the link to get to it, I got a page saying there was nothing there, and when I checked my works, it wasn't there either. But it still took the points for submitting it. I don't have the points to try again just now, but once I get them again I'll update this and see if it works next time.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:47 am
Iggy says...

There's a tiny bug with the new People tab. When you try to view the second page of "Following", it takes you to the second page of "All Members" instead.

Google Chrome, Windows 8, HP laptop. Just in case it's me. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Random avatar

Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:07 am
kayfortnight says...

Not just you, I checked it too. Chrome on a chromebook:)

425 Reviews

Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:05 am
View Likes
Nate says...

Thanks @kayfortnight and @Iggy for the bug report. It's fixed now.

Kayfortnight: Regarding the missing work, I'm looking into it now.

Edit

Found it, and fixed the issue:
Magic's Will-CH. 12

Sorry about the trouble, and thank you for your patience :)

Random avatar

Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:51 am
kayfortnight says...

Thanks! That was my next submission for the Last Man Standing contest :)

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:10 am
Caesar says...

- Browser and version: latest version of Safari
- Time problem occurred: some time between 11 and 12 pm (gmt +1)
- Detailed description of what happened. What section were you on? What were you doing? What were you trying to do? I was browsing around yws, pretty much scrolling through all the pages. Occasionally I'm logged out randomly.
- Your operating system: OSX
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:42 am
crossroads says...

^ That was happening to me as well. It was logging me out at random when I tried switching between the forums or clubs (twice while trying to switch from a club's wall to that same club's forum). Strangely, when it logged me out while reading up something in the staff forums, it didn't give me the usual "You have no permission to see this" message, it just offered sign in/register on the side, huh. I automatically tapped to sign in before thinking of getting a screenshot, though.

iPad, Safari. Not too sure at what time exactly, but sometime after 10am and before 12pm today, same timezone (GMT+1).
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote