z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:04 pm
View Likes
turtlethatroars says...

So, I'm using Google Chrome, and when I try to open a conversation on the chat bar; it wont open.
I figured out how to get it to work, but it's a tedious task I don't enjoy doing. I click on the person I want to talk to on the "Who's Online" list, YWS ends up freezing for a few moments. I then have to click on a random person also on the list and the chat thing pops up, so I could talk to the random person. (see figure 1) After that I have to click on the chat bar the person I want to talk to and the chat box pops up so I can talk to them. (see figure 2). If I then end up exiting out of the conversation I am having, the random person's conversation thing appears like it was stored there. (see figure 3) Also, when I refresh the page the random user appears and the conversation I was having is tucked under it, and if I get a message from the user I was having a conversation with the red message bubble still appears. Yet to get that conversation up I have to click on the red message bubble.
Spoiler! :
I choose the users in the pictures randomly, for the example @Lapis is who I want to have a conversation with and @Auxiira is the random user I have to click on.

I hope that made sense. I've been having this issue for about 1 and a half weeks now.
Figure 1.PNG
Figure 1
Figure 1.PNG (20.52 KiB) Viewed 372 times
figure 2.JPG
Figure 2
figure 2.JPG (19.55 KiB) Viewed 372 times
figure 3.JPG
Figure 3
figure 3.JPG (11.24 KiB) Viewed 372 times
"the beauty of words. They can be many different things to many different people. It's all in how we listen. Or how we read." - Lyrical Inspiration (authors note) of Enemies and Playmates by Darcia Helle

-Formally tkpejb

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:23 am
View Likes
Nate says...

@tkpejb ->> The bug you described sounds like it's probably the browser zoom bug. To fix it, make sure zoom is set to 100% in your browser:

I have no idea why it happens, and unfortunately since cometchat is a third party product, there really isn't much I can do. However, making sure that zoom is set to 100% might solve the issue.

68 Reviews

Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:52 pm
turtlethatroars says...

Thanks! That worked!
"the beauty of words. They can be many different things to many different people. It's all in how we listen. Or how we read." - Lyrical Inspiration (authors note) of Enemies and Playmates by Darcia Helle

-Formally tkpejb

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:08 am
Pompadour says...

I can't post on my own wall or on anyone else's, for that matter. Whenever I try, it just says "Comment submission failed." I've tried about five times but it didn't work. The internet is working fine, and I refreshed the page a couple of times too.

How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:08 am
Pompadour says...

Wait -- it's working now. But I can't tag anyone outside of a comment, otherwise it fails to post again.
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

68 Reviews

Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:43 pm
turtlethatroars says...

So when I try to edit a club I created this happens:
Capture.JPG

I don't know what to do!

-Formally tkpejb

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:46 am
View Likes
Zolen says...

Pompadour wrote:I can't post on my own wall or on anyone else's, for that matter. Whenever I try, it just says "Comment submission failed." I've tried about five times but it didn't work. The internet is working fine, and I refreshed the page a couple of times too.

I have the same problem, and its not going away, however I can post just fine on anyone elses wall.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:34 pm
StellaThomas says...

Same problem - using Google Chrome.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:30 pm
View Likes
Snoink says...

Same problem as @Pompadour and @Zolen. I think it happens only when I want to comment using paragraphs, because I made a couple of statuses without paragraphs yesterday without any problem, but when I tried to put this as my status:

Spoiler! :
I had dream where I went to the most amazing buffet ever. There was a whole line for the biggest cheeseburgers everywhere and a whole line for the most scrumptious looking Mexican food ever -- understandably, life was good. But, the best part? There was the biggest section of desserts and sweets EVER. Any dessert that you could stuff into your face, you could. Just IMAGINE a dessert, and it was there. There were some that I couldn't even name. A literal mountain of ice cream. And, this buffet let you take out as much food as you could carry! So, I couldn't even see when I went out of there. And even when I was walking out, they kept offering me chocolates and candies. It was amazing and all types of wonderful.

...so of course I wake up from the dream. And eat what can only be described as something that looks vaguely like horse meal.

*cries*

Romans 7:15 has never been so apt...

Then I got the same message. It happened just a couple of minutes ago, and I am on Firefox.

YWS is also posting paragraphed comments as blank comments. So, I've had to resort to posting each paragraph separately.

SO. I think it has something to do with paragraphs.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:46 am
Auxiira says...

Hey, Nate!

Okay, I don't know if this is my iPod being a pain in the tooshie, or actually there, but I have three problems today:
1: the chatbar's disappeared. I went and checked that I still had it activated and I do, but it's just not at the bottom of the screen.
2: my quick reply/full reply buttons for threads at the bottom (not the one at the top) have disappeared. It's rather disarming.
3: I can't like statuses. I tried of a few people's walls, then went onto the people tab and tried liking stuff there and it didn't work.

This is at 8:45 GMT +1, on iPod iOS6 Safari.

EDIT: okay, just ignore all of that. It was my iPod being a pain
Last edited by Auxiira on Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:51 am
Love says...

Hey! The chatbar is working rather badly after the update on mobile ._. I can't scroll up in chat or the users list, so if someone posts a long message I have no choice but to ask them to repeat. Also once I closed a user BT accident and wasn't able to talk to them again because I couldn't scroll down >.<
I was Amareth :)

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:00 am
crossroads says...

Yeah, chat on mobile isn't scrollable. The chatbar's search bar was my solution, but now I can't see it anymore, huh. It's quite of an issue when someone sends me a bunch of messages, though, or a long one, and I can't see it all properly <.<

iPad/Safari here.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:33 pm
Nate says...

As stated in the past, the chat bar on mobile is not supported, and it was only added as an option after several users said they wanted it despite the bugs. If it is not working, you can turn it off.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:43 pm
lostthought says...

@AriaAdams that happens and when it does, just make it retract back into the bar and then open it up again. Works for me!

@Lapis, just search for their name in the chat bar search. If it displays, see what I told Aria

The reason the chat won't scroll up is because it's not reading that you are trying to move the chat, not the screen. (Basically it wants to be part of the big screen so it can't tell when you actually want the chat to move, not the whole website as a while)

Hope this helps!
"Aaloo is potato in urdu, like AAAAAA-loo, or like AAAAA-look such delicious deliciousness."
-Pompadour

"MY SOUL IS A GREY ABYSS"
-QueenOfHearts

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:56 pm
Niraco says...

I went to publish a work and I had enough points. When I did publish it then went back to have a look at the poem it said 'there's nothing here, bro' but my points were gone and the work was stored in my drafts. Can someone help please?

And on the pedestal these words appear:/'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings;/Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'/Nothing beside remains.
— Percy Bysshe Shelley