z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:08 pm
Nate says...

@EllaBliss, I'm seeing you in the online list currently. Were you able to solve the issue?

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:21 pm
EllaBliss says...

No.
Oh, I'm such a fool! I can't be free!
No escape from the storm inside of me!
I can’t control the curse!
Please, you’ll only make it worse!
There’s so much fear! You’re not safe here!

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:56 pm
crossroads says...

Are you two refering to the same thing? I see you online on chatbar's list, Ella, but not on the list of online friends when I go see my notifications/messages..
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

425 Reviews

Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:14 am
Nate says...

Thanks @AriaAdams!

@EllaBliss - Change this setting to no:
Capture.JPG

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:41 am
EllaBliss says...

Thanks. I have another problem, though. The green room lists me as a new member in "Works by new members," but I joined last year in may.
Oh, I'm such a fool! I can't be free!
No escape from the storm inside of me!
I can’t control the curse!
Please, you’ll only make it worse!
There’s so much fear! You’re not safe here!

117 Reviews

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:10 am
crossroads says...

New Members in Green Room is everyone under 1 year old, I believe :3 I was there myself until two months ago xD
- they/them -

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:16 pm
Auxiira says...

Nate, the searchbar isn't working... I've tried searching multiple things, such as SparkToFlame and just get a blank page...
Attachments
ummm.png
just so
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

117 Reviews

Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:41 pm
crossroads says...

That's weird.. I just checked the searchbar and it's working normally for me.. Maybe it's just taking it really long to load? >.>

I've been getting this error lately, though, on random parts of YWS.. It's always alright after I reload the page, but it happened three or four times already so I figured it might be around time I let you know. I don't think it always says Amsterdam as server, by the way. I can catch another screenshot if it happens again and has another location, if needed. So far, it only happened on iPad.. Safari, by the way.
Attachments
image.jpg
- they/them -

425 Reviews

Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:10 pm
Nate says...

@Auxiira ->> The search page is just a Google site search, and the results are shown in an iframe. So since the search results aren't coming up for you, it's likely that there's some sort of issue with Google in your area. One thing you can try to do is to press ctrl and F5 together, which will force a complete refresh of the page.

@AriaAdams ->> YWS uses CloudFlare, which is a content delivery network that prevents malicious bot traffic from reaching the site as well as helping to reduce the load on the server. So whenever you connect to YWS, you're connecting to YWS through one of CloudFlare's servers (in this case, the CF server in Amsterdam).

The CF server then pulls the content from the YWS server and then delivers it to you. However, if the CF server can't connect to the YWS server, it shows you that message. The failure to connect can happen for any number of reasons from the YWS server being down to CF just being finicky.

If you can, the next time it happens, make a note of the time. That'll help me to pinpoint what's going on.

117 Reviews

Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:01 pm
crossroads says...

Mm.. I figured it was probably not such a big deal, since all it takes is to just reload the page, I don't even need to wait for a few minutes or anything alike *shrug*

It was 8:44 PM GMT this time.. It's a nice thing that I'm too lazy to crop so the clock is visible xD
- they/them -

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:47 am
View Likes
Cheetah says...

The black bar on the top of the page with the notifications has mysteriously disappeared. O.O I'm on my iPod and using Safari.

EDIT: It's back! :D
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:27 pm
Oakenshield says...

I have found a bug, maybe it is that I use my Tablet now but I can only add two chapters in one folder and not more? can you fix this? thanks

117 Reviews

Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:30 pm
crossroads says...

@Cheetah - happens to me when I zoom in, maybe that was it?
- they/them -

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:36 pm
Auxiira says...

hmm, the ctrl-f5 didn't work... ah well, I know where most of the stuff is...
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

166 Reviews

Reviews: 166
Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:58 pm
Cheetah says...

@Ariaadams, it also happens when I zoom in, but before it wasn't there at all. Luckily it's fixed now. :)
And passersby who heard his echoing laughter wondered what kind of grief man had to go through before he could laugh so free.

Almost all absurdity of conduct rises from the imitation of those whom we cannot resemble.
— Samuel Johnson