2024 NaPo Information

1228 Reviews

Reviews: 1228
Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:25 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Quillfeather wrote:
4 Icecream Scoops left of Napo!

Wow! Can't believe how fast NaPo has gone by. I have seen so many amazing poems. And it is looking like a lot of you are reaching your goals. So this is your reminder to go claim your badges in the Napo Badge thread so you can get those badges for all your work!

Let's finish NaPo out strong! Happy poeting!

Link to original comment
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

1228 Reviews

Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:25 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

alliyah wrote:Don't miss this fun NaPo activity before the month ends! :)
EllieMae wrote:Image

Hey friends! We are about half way through april- which means we are also halfway through the Spoken Word/Visual Poetry Contest! As we get closer towards the end of the month, now is the time to continue working on your amazing poems and getting ready to submit them to the contest thread. The thread is open all month for submissions. I am definitely getting pretty close to submitting some of my own poems as well and I can’t wait to see all of yours!

I wanted to post some #SpokenWord2024 tips to help you get started with creating visual and spoken word poetry!

I found this video to be really informative and helpful in learning some different forms of visual poetry. If you are looking for some new methods to experiment, I definitely recommend taking a peek at that.

And if you are looking for some inspiration to write and record spoken word poems, I recommend checking out the Button Poetry Youtube channel. I do not have the words to express how much I love this organization. So many of their poems have touched me deeply and are really the reason I got into slam poems and spoken word poemns in the first place.

I wanted to take a moment to say that I am blown away by all of the incrediblke NaPo poems I have been able to read so far this month! I have also seen some incredible visual poetry published, that I wanted to take some time to acknowledge and shoutout!

Heart Fragment Search by @WeepingWisteria

Something vain & something beautiful by @herbalhour

City skyline by @Spearmint

Stairs by @LuminescentAnt

And so many more! I encourage all of you to submit your amazing poems to the contest!! If anyone has any questions (or wants to collab with me on a poem) don't hesitate to reach out!!

#NaPo2024

Link to original comment

Link to original comment

1228 Reviews

Thu May 02, 2024 6:33 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Claim your Badges: POETRY CREW ANNOUNCEMENT

Hi everyone! Just a reminder that you have until May 5 to get your links in for comments / poems / poetry jams into the Badge Claiming Thread - you may not recieve your badge if you do not update your place in the Badge Claiming Thread.

Thank you!

And congratulations to everyone who participated in National Poetry Writing Month this year! Still time to comment and read-through threads if you haven't had a chance yet, there were truly so many terrific poems! It was a pleasure to write alongside you all!

I feel like if I was the mafia I’d leave a voicemail.
— Tuckster