z

Young Writers Society

Of Lavender and Shooting Stars

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:07 am
mystical*dragons says...

Sorry...taking this off...
Last edited by mystical*dragons on Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:24 am
Boni_Bee says...

silver*glitter wrote:I know it’s been more than a year since we last talked, and well I was missing you?

That line doesn't work somehow, but the rest.......was awesome!!! I really like the imagery, and it didn't seem cliche to me like most stories like this do. Interesting... :D Its a very grown-up piece of work.... :wink: lol....

Good job 8)

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:06 am
Crayon says...

:cry: So Sad! i really could image somebody crying over love letters...watching shooting stars! its really great and im sure everybody can relate to it! So apart from the fact that i almost started bawling in the middle of computer class i think its great =D>
Trying to survive "sweet sixteen."
---
<love> is sweet -suicide- and {[you]} are my LATEST a.t.t.e.m.p.t

50 Reviews

Fri Dec 16, 2005 6:16 am
mystical*dragons says...

Hi there,
Thanks for taking the time to read and comment on this piece. I'm glad you guys liked it :D

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:23 am
Snoink says...

Oh dear...

I feel like I'm getting more apathetic each day. This hardly did anything for me. :(

But still...

Why don't you send it to him anyway, just for kicks? Who knows what could happen...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

50 Reviews

Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:41 pm
mystical*dragons says...

Thanks Snoink :)

Send it to him? No way, he'd never understand. Oh well...

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:18 pm
Angel17 says...

I really loved it. I loved the imagery in the words. I didn't really like some of the parts about the angels at the end though, i didn't think all fit. I loved this line about angels though.

I hear them sometimes; they comfort me, when thoughts and memories of you do not.

I didn't like this line so much though.
Do you hear the angels whispering? I hear them sometimes

Overall i loved this piece if writing, i really felt your words. :)
Real poetry are those with the best words in the best order

~~~~~~~~Mandy~~~~~~~~~

Random avatar

Reviews: 16
Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:32 pm
diamond_eyes says...

wow thats a sad story, but sad ending for u... :cry: even tho there was no kisses and that kind of stuff it was soo romantic...it was great! :)

Random avatar

Reviews: 16
Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:32 pm
diamond_eyes says...

wow thats a sad story, but sad ending for u... :cry: even tho there was no kisses and that kind of stuff it was soo romantic...it was great! :)

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:35 am
Tazy says...

Very interesting it captivated me. I just couldnt stop reading the imegrey was fantstic.
Just belive and you will acheive!

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:16 am
smaur says...

Oh, this is gorgeously written. There are a couple of grammatical errors (it's the commas; they're the kiss of death, or something close enough) and a few words/sentences that jar the sound/atmosphere that the rest of the piece creates (the word nonetheless completely kills the last sentence), but I'll strangle my inner editor into silence (well, sort-of silence) for this one because I'm thinking a few out-of-place commas don't matter in the long run for this piece. (You didn't, I assume, post it so we could pick apart the sentence structure.) Like Snoink, I don't think the emotional oomph has quite carried across, but it's a lovely piece of word candy, which is enough. Good stuff.

(And if the distance between the two of you is wide enough, I do sort of think you should send it. Because, if he's not the kind of person to flout the letter, the potential gain outweighs the potential loss. And, if nothing else — well, it's a very pretty letter.)
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

Life is a banana peel and I am the fool who dared to tread on it.
— looseleaf