z

Young Writers Society

NO TITLE YET

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:38 pm
falling in love says...

NOTE: Okay this isn't exactly what I'm used to writing. This isn't my stories based on the seventeenth and eighteenth century. I'm looking for a partner to help me on this. Even if you aren't interested please read anyways. I know it's probably not the best in the world but crit it as hard as you can anyways. Anyone who is interested, please help.
ANOTHER NOTE: This may be a little confusing, but it's two teenagers telling the story from their point of view. Just to let you know.

Prologue:

*~NATALIE~*
I positioned myself uncomfortably in my chair, trying to look like nothing was wrong. I was waiting outside my father's hospital room for the doctors to come out with a positive report. There was something wrong with his heart, and no one would tell me exactly what it was.

My stepmother sat stiffly in the chair next to me with a grim look on her face. Anyone could see it was phony.

I had never liked this woman, Melissa Reins. She had become Melissa Zelenski after marrying my father on my birthday, and ever since then I have hated her with nothing more than pure hatred. She had been my father's wife for two years; ever since my parents split up after my mother found out that daddy was cheating on her that is.

Suddenly, the door next to me opened and one of the many doctors who had helped in my father's surgery came out. I jumped to my feet asking, "Is my dad...?"

The look of failure and disappointment on his face seemed to slaughter the words in my mouth so quickly that I forgot to breathe for a second. So I just sat back down slowly, expecting the doctor to take her off to the side not wanting me to hear. Instead, the doctor simply grasped her hands in his most unceremoniously and stated, "I'm sorry ma'am, but your husband just died of heart failure. Would you like a few minutes alone?"

My stepmother shook her head, broke down into sobs, falling to her knees on the tiled floor. She choked out, "Natalie, come here."

No way, I thought to myself.

At that moment, I just wanted to change my name and dash out of there like nothing had ever happened, but that was impossible. Nothing would ever be the same again. I knew immediately I would be moving in with my mother because there was no way I would allow myself to live with Melissa any longer. To tell you the truth…a little excitement ran up and down my spine. It felt wonderful.

That’s when it hit me…my father was dead and I’d have to live with my just out of jail, prostitute mother. Then, my eyes rolled up into the back of my head and all faded to black, its darkness swirling around me.

I wanted to die.

--CASEY--
“Danget!” I yelled, throwing the empty beer bottle out my truck window. I watched as it hit a nearby tree and busted, sending a shower of glass down its side.

My best friend sat slumped over in the seat next to me, a cigarette hanging out of his mouth asked, “Casey, you got any more beer left?”
“Nope.”

The smell of alcohol and cigarette smoke invaded the air around me.

Many nights I had snuck out of my house, just like I had tonight. My best friend, Vince Myers had always brought the keg as long as I provided the ride to the Travis Woods. He stole the beer from his crack head father, and I climbed out my bedroom window after my old went to bed. It had been like this for a year and a half.

To tell the truth, it was getting kind of old. I needed something new and exciting to spend my nights doing.

Without prior notice, I heard the sound of puking from beside me, but didn’t really care. Instead of making sure that Vince had not vomited in my dad’s jaguar or dropped his cigarette on the seat, I simply slapped the handle, kicked the door open, and stumbled out. I can’t remember even shutting the door, but some how it was shut.

I walked over to a tree and did my thing, not caring whether anyone driving by saw or not. Actually, I kind of hoped someone would. That would scar someone for life. I laughed aloud at the thought as I zipped up my pants and stepped away from where I had marked my territory.

I started to head back for the car when suddenly out of nowhere came two cop cars. They flew down the street with their sirens howling. Following it were some fire trucks and ambulances. I watched as they flew out of sight. Luckily for me, they didn't stop to pick me up.

I almost laughed when I got to where I could see the car, I saw my best friend being pushed into one of the cop cars by the local police who had failed to spot me. I backed up into the darkness before I could be seen, then, watched as the car drove away…taking Vince with it.
"This was my first bus ride."
----Ardeth Bay from the Mummy Returns

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:55 pm
Karma says...

I'm sorry, but how is this romance?
My Karma Ran Over My Dogma
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Sat Jan 13, 2007 6:59 am
writergirl007 says...

This is good. I like it. I think I see where it is going. I would be willing to help you if you need a partner. You can P.M. me. I didn't see anything wrong with it. It was a little short. And, so far, the two stories don't relate. But it was good. Contact me if you still want a partner. Writergirl
"It is better to save than to destroy, and that justice is most righteous which is tempered by mercy." Mark Twain

113 Reviews

Reviews: 113
Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:06 am
writergirl007 says...

Hey, I just re-read your story. Where you said "she hated her with..." don't use hate twice. And, when you talked about his dad, you say "old" and I think you mean old man. There was something else, but I can't exactly remember. Writergirl
"It is better to save than to destroy, and that justice is most righteous which is tempered by mercy." Mark Twain

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:54 am
falling in love says...

The two people are telling their side of the story. They will come together as the story goes on. It's romance because they fall for each other in the end through the course of events. No partner yet. I will let you know.
"This was my first bus ride."
----Ardeth Bay from the Mummy Returns

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:10 pm
Karma says...

Okay. I know I'm being pushy, but:

Please Write More!

It's good.
My Karma Ran Over My Dogma
^------^
( 0 . 0 )
---------
Meow

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:44 pm
Certainly Love says...

yes...a little bit of romance would be nice. Oh and I wrote another story. I didn't have a title so I just labeled it Romance. Anyway...keep up the good writing. Hope I inspired you in a way.
Sincerely, Amanda R. Holden, Author of Azyea's GIfts

Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and the shadows will fall beyond you.
— Walt Whitman