z

Young Writers Society

Love shouldn't hurt

Reviews: 1
Mon May 23, 2011 8:32 pm
View Likes
SamuelMoonDreamer says...

She talks to me, waves to me, and smiles at me. so why do I still fear the thought of answering, or even looking at her without having to look away in case she sees me?
Why is it so hard to ignore the butterflies in my stomach, and just listen to the voice in my head that tells me to pour my heart out to her?
Sure it's nice to watch her from a far, but I would love to talk to her; to hear the sound of her beautiful voice fill my head with wonder and amazement.
If only it were that simple.
Last edited by SamuelMoonDreamer on Fri May 27, 2011 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

165 Reviews

Reviews: 165
Mon May 23, 2011 10:26 pm
Sassykat says...

Short, sweet, and amazing. I liked it. One critique, and it's that the word "encase" means, I believe, to put something inside a case. What you are looking for here is "in case." Awesome job, keep writing!
Shakespearian tongue-twister:

To sit in solemn silence
In a dark, dank dock
In a pestilential prison
With a lifelong lock;
Awaiting the sensation
Of a short, sharp shock
Of a cheap, chippy chopper
On a big black block.

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Tue May 24, 2011 12:04 am
DakotaK says...

Hey there! Like SassyKat said, encase should be in case. I don't know if you left it that way for effect, but after a period, the next letter should be uppercase. Thank's for sharing, your writing comes from the heart. I enjoyed reading it because I often enjoy writing similar pieces of my mind, normally I'm too paranoid to share them, so again; thanks. Just curious, is this piece just something you randomly wrote in view of a character, or is it the way you actually feel inside? I know nothing is ever simple, but sometimes our greatest regret is doing nothing.
~DakotaKnight
What is important is to know fear and yet take a step forward.
Rosette Christopher

Looking for peeps to review my novel:)

novel.php?id=1142

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Tue May 24, 2011 12:18 am
silentwords says...

I actually really liked this. It was really short, but you still managed you put a lot of emotion in this. Of course I think that you could expand on this, but if you only wanted it this short then that is fine too. I loved the way you ended off with:
If only it were that simple.

I know whenever I watch dating movies or read books with all these cute couples I think the same thing. Life just isn't as simple as media makes it seem. I thought that this made your story very relatable. I just think it would be more powerful if you expanded more on what you want to be simple. I think this story could still use more.

Also I think you should rephrase this sentence:
So why do I still fear the thought of answering, or even looking at her without having to look away encase (in case) she sees me?
It is okay, but kind of awkward to read. I like what you are saying, but just re-word it a bit.

Overall, great work here! I loved the piece and the emotion within it! (:
I'd like to think I'm creative... instead of just plain weird ;D

Reviews: 1
Fri May 27, 2011 8:09 pm
SamuelMoonDreamer says...

Thank you for all your comments!

And by the way DakotaK, at the time it was something I felt inside.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri May 27, 2011 10:06 pm
Liveinthelight says...

This is really great! It's concise and clear, and everyone can relate to it. Just one nit-pick: "A far" is actually one word. It should be "afar." I like this idea, and I like how your ending is so simple and effective, but to me it would work better if you expanded on why it isn't so simple. You ask earlier in the piece the same question, and to me it seems like you should include that somehow. We can assume all we want, but every situation is specific. What's holding him back?
You treat life like a picture
but it's not a moment that's frozen in time

529 Reviews

Reviews: 529
Tue May 31, 2011 9:40 pm
xDudettex says...

Hey there!

I think this piece has potential. It's realistic, which is what makes it a joy to read. I'm sure almost everyone has been in the same situation as the MC is in here. If only life were simple ;)

I think this piece needs more, though. I want to know more about the relationship between the two characters. Are they best friends? Do they know each other well, or are they just in a class together? How long has the crush gone on? etc What you have at the moment is almost a skeleton of a story that needs to be fleshed out. The emotion is great, but there could be more. You could maybe add in a bit where the MC thinks about what life would be like if they never admitted their feelings or what it would be like if they did. How would it make them feel?

I hope this helps!

xDudettex
'Stop wishing for the sunshine. Start living in the rain.' - Kids In Glass Houses.

'Would you destroy something perfect in order to make it beautiful?' - MCR artwork.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Tue May 31, 2011 11:18 pm
Ktg17 says...

Haha I love this. It's short, sweet, and fantastic. :)
Soooooo many people can relate to this, so a broad audience will love it!
I love your last line! It just wraps your story up so nicely! Wow I don't even know what to say- that is how much I liked this!

~Ktg

P.S. Feel honored- you got my 50th review!
Even if you see in black and white, think in color...

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:27 pm
View Likes
jenmarie says...

"simplicity is the best asset of beauty"
as what my favorite teacher says..

and this story was the best example of it
nice
~jenjen

i love you. and won't get tired of saying i love you.

jheron

I was weeping as much for him as her; we do sometimes pity creatures that have none of the feeling either for themselves or others.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights