yoha_ahoy says...

Thank you. :)
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:19 pm
xalabasteralienx says...

I love that Robert dies with Cari in his arms. That is so romantic.

Critiqueing:
the next evening, in the early hours of the morning

This might just be me, but I don't think that evening = early hours of the morning. You should choose one or the other. Again, a few spelling errors, but that is easily excused since you were up at 1 AM.

Great story. Can't wait to hear more! :P
Lestat: What have we told you? Never in the house.

Claudia: I promise I'll get rid of the bodies.

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:33 am
BigBadBear says...

Holy crap. I want to cry right now. Seriously. This is one of the most touching things ever. I mean, all stories end like this, with the lover dying (if they are in a hospital...get me? I Don't..) but it was still shocking....

The painting was the best part of it all..
Wow. I love this! I'm gonna go read something else of yours!

BBB
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:53 am
Finchley says...

Just one thing I noticed - I believe the creative side is on the right, not the left. And at times, the dialogue seemed a little...forced... I guess. But really, it's such a beautiful story - very moving. And the ending is wonderful...
frodo lives.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:27 am
Fall_Into_The_Sky says...

omg i'm crying

that was such a beautiful story but so sad..
The only wrong love is only one never felt.
Live to day as if your would die tomorrow.
Love like you know no other, dream as if they'd come true, hope because you can reach the stars.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:30 pm
keirab says...

Aww! That is really sweet! Um...excuse me for a moment...I have something in my eye.... :wink:

I really liked this a lot! My only problem was that it seemed to change from past-tense to present-tense a bit in the beginning, maybe I was just imagining it, can't tell, but it seemed to me that you switched a bit.

Loved it though!! :D
Sgt: Now, it's quite simple to defend yourself against a man armed with a banana. First of all you force him to drop the banana; then, second, you eat the banana, thus disarming him. You have now rendered him 'elpless.
Palin: What if he's got a bunch?

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:55 pm
PerforatedxHearts says...

This would be near perfect, save for two things:

-Grammar and spelling. There's a wonderful thing called Microsoft Word Spellcheck and Gramar.

-The beginning.

I don't mean the first paragraph or so. I'm thinking about the big chunk of about 5 paragraphs, I think. Before the narrator and Robert get it going on.

The normal part, I'd say. I think you need to draw out the interaction, let a little bit of dialogue flow before they start saying their "I Do's".

Otherwise, this would be an amazing story. You've got the middle [from

I shut the door behind me. “What are we doing today, Robert?” I would ask him. Usually we would watch TV together or people watch quietly out the window. Occasionally he’d show the rare feeling of happiness when a particular character would show up on TV, or certain people would walk by outside. He would get excited, bouncing and squeaking while smiling. On one or two of these instances, he shouted my name.

and on] to the end, timed perfectly. It really is near perfect.

It's heartwarming. Almost made me cry, which is a feat in itself when I have to admit it. The tinge of romance makes it so, so bittersweet.

Good job! Keep working on this and I think we might even have a publishable short story on our hands!

--Seree.
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:25 pm
cloudy.skiesx says...

...this is so good, where did you get the idea? It's so original, I've never read anything like it ! Everyone's already pointed out the simple spelling errors but, everyone gets a few chances :P, No seriously, that was amazing! I'd love to read more!
Cloudy.skiesx;*

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:25 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

Wow! I'm so flattered on the amount of feedback on this and the reactions! And thanks for your suggestions on fixes PerforatedxHearts, and you suggestion on it being publishable! I never even thought of that!! Now you've got me thinking! :D I think this is my most popular romance too. ^^Hehe, thanks for all the love guys!

~Yoyo 8)
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:59 pm
StellaThomas says...

This is such a sweet, sweet story. I really really enjoyed reading it. Thanks!!!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:49 am
Angel of Death says...

I loved this. It was so beautiful...and it was so sad. Wow!!

Sorry for the being speechless but this really made me cry.
Bravo!!!
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:21 pm
Izzyeyore says...

Wow.. I'm so jealous of your talent right now!

PM me if/when you post more? I'd love to read more of your work
My policy on life: you're wasting it by being sad and making others sad, so hug someone today! :D

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:01 pm
Kadie says...

It's a really touching story, but i think him dying is really out of the blue.

I mean, he has a mental disability, not physical. There was really no reason for him to die.

So when you edit you should probably add something in.

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Thu May 26, 2011 1:22 am
lele253isme says...

Very sad but very well written and very good also.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Sun May 29, 2011 12:45 am
EmilyofREL says...

Wow! I love stories that can take me from grinning like a fool to having tears in my eyes within the span of a few paragraphs. This was pretty good. Just watch the tense..you lapsed into present a few times. And I have to know...how did robert die?
Formerly EmilytheNovelist
REL stands for Rachel, Emily, Lauren, the initials of my triplet sisters and I
“I wish my stove came with a Save As button like Word has. That way I could experiment with my cooking and not fear ruining my dinner.
”

If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more.
— Jane Austen