z

Young Writers Society

no

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:24 am
Certainly Love says...

Last edited by Certainly Love on Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sincerely, Amanda R. Holden, Author of Azyea's GIfts

Reviews: 1
Sat Apr 14, 2007 12:08 pm
cindy-alice says...

i liked it. I know that doesnt mean much because im still learning the wise ways of the comments, but I think its good.

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Apr 19, 2007 3:36 pm
Nameless_And_Shamed says...

Oh my, okay. I hope you're going to continue this, and maybe give some background info because I'm sorta confused about some things. Anyway, keep up the good work!

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:38 pm
Night Mistress says...

It's good. I think you should continue it. Could you write a presequel to it? because some thing confuse me, like how long they have know each other and were they friends?
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

321 Reviews

Reviews: 321
Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:14 am
Liz says...

Nice idea, perhaps a little too much ambiguty but that certainly adds interest!
I think at times you fell into the trap of being too obvious, for example:
That made him angry. She was feeling that feeling again where she wanted to run away. What was he going to do to let her stay?

Your dialogue could also use some work, and I think you need a bit more substance...not necessarily plot but maybe a bit more character development.
Anyway, I liked it overall.

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:16 am
extrastapled says...

The beginning is a bit confusing; it's very difficult to get into the emotions, because I'm wasting too much attention in trying to figure out what's going on.

Also, the sex scene is very short, with little buildup. From what he said to her, I was expecting a longer, more intimate session, not the two-minute special :P

It seems like you're a bit embarassed about writing the actual sex in. There's a lot of distance in the way you described things - accurate, perhaps, from her point of view as a "professional," but since the story is from the perspective of the male character, and he seems to desire a closer, more emotional coupling, you need more description. From the way you presented his desire, I would expect him to be reveling in each sensation, rather than glossing over everything so quickly.

Don't be embarassed about the sex; if you're going to write a scene like this, be comfortable with it before you do, otherwise there's too much distance and it doesn't really feel as though anything important is happening.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:06 am
Kay Kay says...

I enjoyed it. You should write more.
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:30 am
PerforatedxHearts says...

I agree with extrastapled, and if you want to get "serious" about this sort of genre, then don't be ashamed of the sex scene.

And besides building up too fast, I think you cut it off too short, too.

Roughly, she bit at his neck and that was when he lost all sense of control. Rolling her upon her back, he slowly slid inside her and he basked in the glory of being able to feel and especially with her. As he moved inside her,

Notice the highlighted parts I made up.

It sounds awkward to me, ya' know? I think it's the whole sentence structure thing, where you describe the action before the actual sentence.

I don't know if you understand me on this. PM me if you don't.

Anyways, just say it straight. Don't put any "before"'s.

Keep working on it. You've got good description, and the characters are somewhat memorable.
"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music." --anonymous/banner.

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:20 am
Bella says...

I liked this, but I thought it was kind of confusing. I know a few people have already said this, but I think character developement, or some moer background information, would be really helpful. Other than that I really liked it!
i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart) <3

Please review my performance poem?

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:52 am
Alice says...

Flashfic right? Well, make it a real story. I want to read the whole thing!
I just lost the game.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:29 pm
woodland wolf says...

that was good i liked it hope your going to write more like this

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:52 pm
berrylique says...

i think it was good. and yeah, there should be more background and character information.
i can't wait to read the whole story :)
keep up the great work!
'follow the notes upon a journey,
at first sight marks one's destiny.
when the voyage comes to an end,
return lies within hasty keys.'

461 Reviews

Reviews: 461
Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:43 pm
GingerLizzy says...

[Fans her face a little]

Phew, this is a little steamy. I liked it though, although I thought there wasn't really much information about the two for it to feel like an actual piece of writing. It literally was, just a sex scene and there was no build up.

But, I am interested to ask of there will be more, as I feel that this may be just the foundatons, or even a prologue, of a fantastic love affair.

Professional? You need to explain this more. It may get the point across to some, but others are just too dim to realise and will need to be informed. Also, proofread your work before you post it, as I felt as though in some places you tended to repeat words an#d this made it tedious to read.

Good work.
Worship the ginger monkey :) aaand join my new group!

Oh, and enter my new contest!

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:39 am
Someguy says...

Steamy, very hot
Liked every minute of it.
A few mistakes but it isnt life threatening so yeah :)
Look at my big shiny shell...

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
— Alvin Toffler