z

Young Writers Society

Why Do You Love Me?

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:28 pm
omgsh mikey says...

"Kelsey," he said. I closed my eyes and covered my face with my hands. "Kelsey," he repeated, "look at me. We need to talk." I sighed. Slowly and reluctantly I brought my hands down to my lap and looked at him.

His hair fell into his face like a curtain of black. It covered these bright blue shiny lights that came from his eyes; they dazzled me. "Why are you ignoring me?" He asked softly. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. "Tyler, how can you not know?" I said gently. He took my hand in his and ran his thumb back and forth in a soothing manner.

"I can't believe you'd do something like that to me." My words stung even myself, and he stared straight into my eyes. He opened his mouth to say something, but closed it again. I closed my eyes and tried to shut everything out. Anything else could wait.

"Kelsey," he said, "you know that I'm sorry. I was drunk, babe. I didn't know what I was doing."

I opened my eyes and scowled. "She was my best friend, Tyler James." Then something hit me. "Was she drunk too?" He didn't reply. I tried to take my hand back, but he tightened his grip.

"Tyler?" I couldn't find him anywhere, and all these people weren't helping me in any way. I tried to relax myself by taking a deep breath, and I pushed people out of the way as I made my way through the 'jungle.' I found Matt, one of Tyler's best friends, and yelled to get his attention. He looked at me and waved. "Do you know where Ty is?" I asked loudly. The music was so loud I could feel the floor vibrating.

He shook his head and I sighed again. This wasn't my favorite thing to do at a party. I mean, looking for my boyfriend and all. I thought that this would've been a chance to get to spend more time with him, since he's always at work. But I lost him after about an hour.

I worked my way up the carpeted stairs, almost tripping on my shoelace. All of the doors on the second floor were shut, so I opened the first one I came to. It was a bedroom; empty though. The next door I opened made my heart tear.

There he was, on top of my best friend Kara. They were glued together, and underneath the blankets. Tyler's bedroom was quite cozy. It had a lot of little decorations on the wall, like pictures of me and him together. I picked up the closest thing I could grab, and I threw it. I didn't even take the time to see what it was. It hit Tyler in the head and he groaned, parting from Kara's mouth.

He rolled over and looked at me. He was drunk, I could tell you that. His eyes widened and he covered his face with his hand. Kara panted heavily, and I clenched my jaw. "You fucking man-whore," I said. I walked out of the room, slamming the door behind me.

I ran. It wasn't the best idea, but I did. The crowd slowed me down though, and I felt someone grab my wrist. I spun around and saw Tyler behind me, fully dressed. "Kels," he said. He must've been sobering up, because he wasn't off balance.

"Oh, shut up, Tyler." I yanked my hand back and tried to make my way out.

I blinked, and realized I wasn't daydreaming anymore. Tyler was still staring at me. "I hate you," I said quietly. "I hate you."

His expression dropped, and I clenched my jaw. "I don't care if you were drunk or not, but she wasn't. You still fucked her, and she still let you." Tears slowly rolled down my cheeks and Tyler wiped them away with his thumb. "Please, Kelsey," he pleaded. "It's been a month since that happened. I love you. Please . . ."

I bit my lip. He was so beautiful, and I wasn't sure if I hated him as much as I thought as I did. "Tyler, it was my best friend. Of all the people at that party, it had to be Kara."

He frowned, and closed his eyes. "You don't have to take me back, Kelsey. I'm not good enough for you, but I love you so much. I feel terrible for what happened. I - you're so beautiful in every single way and I missed you so much during the time that I didn't see you. You almost made me go insane."

I held my breath, and after thinking for a moment, I said, "why do you love me, Tyler?"

He looked a little surprised at my question, but said, "I don't know what it is about you, but it's like, you're the last piece to this puzzle I've been trying to figure out for so long."

I felt the muscles in the corners of my mouth force themselves into a smile. "I swear to God," I said, "if you ever do something like that again, I will kick you so hard in the balls that you won't ever have children."

He smiled. "And I'll leave you," I added. He nodded in understanding. Tyler stood up from his crouching position in front of me and he helped me off of the park bench. He gathered me up in a hug and held me to him tightly. He kissed my hair and made his way down to my lips, moving his hands up to my face. I loved the smell of him. He had the faint aroma of alcohol, but his body deodorant clung to his clothing.

He lingered on my mouth for a long time, until I wasn't able to breathe and pulled back for air. "Kelsey," he muttered against my neck. "I love you." I smiled. He pecked my neck with another kiss. "So I've heard," I whispered. After another moment of kisses, I pushed him away and took his hand. I pulled him forward, heading towards the pond at the edge of the park.

I made myself cozy on the soft grass and patted beside me. Tyler sat down and I laid back. Cumulus clouds were all over the sky, forming shapes and floating slowly. I identified a teddy bear when Tyler stroked my cheek, trying to get my attention. "Yes?" I said, my eyes moving over to him. He smirked. "Nothing."

I swallowed, and he leaned down to kiss me. I clutched his tee shirt and pulled him so he was closer to me. He pulled himself on top of me and I felt like I was going to go insane. It didn't hurt to think about him, I had my boyfriend back, and he loved me. He had only said that a few times, and today, I knew that he really did.

He moved down to my neck and I said, "I love you, Tyler." It felt like his mouth formed a smile, but he didn't say anything.
"This band is metal in that we have a lot of metal in our instruments, and there's quite a lot of metal on my belt buckle as well." - Mikey Way

514 Reviews

Reviews: 514
Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:43 am
JC says...

Why are you ignoring me?" He asked softly. I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself down. "Tyler, how can you not know?" I said gently.

This should be two seperate paragraphs. Dialogue can be tricky like that, making it hard to decipher when there should be another paragraph. Basically after one person has spoken, start a new paragraph when the other person talkes...

EX:

"Knock knock," he said.

She sighed and rolled her eyes, "Who's there?"

A sly smile crossed over his face as he said, "In love with."

"In love with who?"

"In love with you," he answered....

Make sense??? (Sorry I couldn't think of a better knock knock joke, I just read a romace story okay! Cut me some slack!!!! =D)

I said, "why do you love me, Tyler?"

I believe she asked. It's hard to say a question =D

:idea: There were a few things like the first thing I mentioned throughout the story, I'll leave it to you to figure those ones out though.

:!: I liked how you incorperated the italisized section in, where it fit without being just her remembering. It was very good.

:arrow: I also liked the way you portrayed emotions, it was very good and believable, though I don't think I would have taken him back after that. You might want to add some more things about Kara, her friendship with Kelsey. Or maybe just some more reasons why Kelsey is taking him back, something more than his good looks.

=D Very good job! I really liked it!

-JC
But that is not the question. Why we are here, that is the question. And we are blessed in this, that we happen to know the answer. Yes, in this immense confusion one thing alone is clear. We are waiting for Godot to come. -Beckett

45 Reviews

Tue May 01, 2007 11:01 pm
omgsh mikey says...

Yeah, I have a habit of making everything one paragraph. I'm trying to break it.

And wow, I hadn't noticed that I made it seem like it was just his looks. I usually get so into it that I feel like the main character and I think like them.
"This band is metal in that we have a lot of metal in our instruments, and there's quite a lot of metal on my belt buckle as well." - Mikey Way

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue May 01, 2007 11:19 pm
Night Mistress says...

I like how you portray the emotions in this piece. One question: why did she take him back? Was it because of his good look or something else? I wouldn't take guy after he did that to me. Anyways, great story. Try to think up a sequel if you can.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

45 Reviews

Tue May 01, 2007 11:47 pm
omgsh mikey says...

Hey Night Mistress!
Thanks for reading. I 'preciate it.
To answer your question, I don't know. I think it was because I got so into the story that I felt like Kelsey.

Sometimes I forget to add things, like why she took him back.

You wake up in the morning and it feels impossible? Good. You do it anyway.
— Martin Scorcese