z

Young Writers Society

I see you in my dreams

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat May 07, 2005 2:26 am
skeptik_225 says...

I see you in my dreams, so happy so free. How can that be when we are holding hands? Me and you. You and me together at last? This was it. The last chance I had to let it all go, turn on the waterworks and actually cry from my soul, gone. To relief myself from this impossibility and finally accept that no matter what I see in my sleep, no matter what lies behind my eyelids, I can never be with you. She’s selfish. I’m selfish. You’re selfish- I mean perfect. Are you?

I see you in my dreams. And I’m not crying. I’m happy and free. I’m alive in you, your presence fills me with joy beyond measure. You touch me for the first time, taking my hand like its precious glass. Your lips press on my knuckles and my heart stops beating. You move your way up my arm, gently kissing my skin like candy. Never once do I feel uncomfortable. This is what I wanted. The smell of you is strong now, the kind of scent you can only appreciate with your eyes closed. And then…there’s nothing sexier than a man kissing a woman’s neck. It’s like at that moment, she looses all control. I lose all control.

I see you in my dreams but dreams are so far away. When I wake up you don’t see me anymore. Even when I cry, you don’t see me anymore. You have your own things to do; your own girls to woe. It’s worse than I ever imagined. My nightmare has come true. You not only don’t love me, but we’re not friends anymore. Our conversations are meaningless. When I look into your eyes I can’t find that place where I can rest and be myself and tell you my fears and secrets. That place I can be with you and talk for hours without exchanging words, to cry in each other’s arms when the world turns its back on us. That place- where we encourage one another to be strong and promise to never leave no matter what- is gone. Vanished. Not replaced, not hiding. It’s completely gone. And I’m left alone in the universe.

I see you in my dreams. There’s nothing between us. No space, no air, no rules, no hate, no guys, no girls, no worry, no confusion, no lies, no tears. Just you and me. Together. Holding hands, holding hearts. Sharing one life, sharing the same soul. Our hands support each other. Nothing will separate them.

So why do I cry? Why? Nothing was as it was. It was all a lie. We can never be. We can’t be holding hands and we can’t be happy. Why don’t we just start from the beginning and forget about each other for good. It’s easier this way.

I don’t see you in my dreams anymore. I see fluffy white sheep, late night snacks, never ending staircases or whatever dreams are made of. The assembly line ran out of you. Like you ran out on me.

321 Reviews

Reviews: 321
Sun May 08, 2005 7:03 am
Liz says...

I like this, but I think it could be even better if you expanded on it and worked it into a story. It's not the most original of ideas - seeing a past lover in dreams, but there are a few parts in here which shows that it could be a really interesting short story. Good job.
purple sneakers

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Mon May 09, 2005 1:57 am
Mattie says...

The title really caught my eye...something some crazy person would admit. :) We all have weird dreams...especailly myself. LOL This was good, a good story for something that should be expanded on. Get to know the character and outline a little bit more. My favorite part was:

I see you in my dreams but dreams are so far away. When I wake up you don’t see me anymore. Even when I cry, you don’t see me anymore. You have your own things to do; your own girls to woe. It’s worse than I ever imagined. My nightmare has come true. You not only don’t love me, but we’re not friends anymore. Our conversations are meaningless. When I look into your eyes I can’t find that place where I can rest and be myself and tell you my fears and secrets. That place I can be with you and talk for hours without exchanging words, to cry in each other’s arms when the world turns its back on us. That place- where we encourage one another to be strong and promise to never leave no matter what- is gone. Vanished. Not replaced, not hiding. It’s completely gone. And I’m left alone in the universe.

I think that was the best part if not all of the paragraphs. Very good job. Keep it up!

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Mon May 09, 2005 3:03 pm
Kay Kay says...

I agree with Liz and Mattie. It was really good and I enjoyed reading it. Keep up the good work!
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Mon May 09, 2005 8:59 pm
Duskglimmer says...

I enjoyed it. But it was just a little lacking. It never really made me feel what the person was saying, never made me want to feel what she was feeling. There was emotion in it, but never enough for me to share with the person writing this. I liked it, don't get me wrong, but I think it could have been so much better.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:30 am
Mackdaddy77 says...

I liked it. It seemed to flow really well. When you used the imagery and descriptions, it really pulled me in. The thing like where you said, "You kissed me as if I were candy" or something like that; That was really good. Your writing was also kinda poetic, or so it seemed to me. Keep up the writing you are pretty good at it. And remember the best way to grab someone's attention is to an inciting force. If the first of the story pulls them, then they will most likely finish it even if it gets bad. But overall I would give a an "A".

Keep it up Girl!!! :wink:
Writing can be used as the expression of your heart, mind, and soul, if used right. -Micah Hurst

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:10 am
Whiterose24 says...

Basically I love this. <3 I thought you described everything really well... you just grabbed me. =]
I hope life isn't a joke, because I don't get it.

"When a body moves, it's the most revealing thing. Dance for me a minute, and I'll tell you who you are."
— Mikhail Baryshnikov