Young Writers Society

Love You, Hate You, Miss You

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:30 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Love You, Hate You, Miss You (The End)

I love you.

I love how you laugh, how you talk, how you smile. Sometimes seeing all of it is the highlight of my day. I love how ropy your arms are, casually slung around my shoulders; I love how your creativity explodes out of you any way that it can; I love how proud you are when the script comes out of your mouth just right. My heart swells when I see you, but I shrink back, afraid of being seen and rejected. Your friendship is priceless, your humor is timeless. I love all of it.

I hate you.

You’re insensitive, rash, immature, and plain stupid. You don’t think before you speak, setting off a war without even knowing, and you have no respect for anyone, not even yourself. I can see it when no one else is looking- you're lost in your own world, your own problems, absorbed in your ego. You’re too moody for anyone to handle, and you’re so, so childish. I have all the reason in the world to slap you, hit you, kick you; to yell at you, fight with you, scream at you. I hate all of it.

I miss you.

There’s a void where you should be. Do you remember how it felt when you lost a tooth, and where you poked your tongue, there was nothing there but slippery flesh? That emptiness- that’s how I feel when you’re not there. I need you here, to make me blush with your too-close body, to make me laugh with your wild gestures, and to make me furious with your thoughtless sharp words. You’ve become a part of my life, like the stage is, like the air I breathe is. I can’t get over you. You’re too much a part of me now. I’ll always miss you.

That’s all there is, I guess. When everything is stripped away and gone, that’s all that remains.

I love you.

I hate you.

I miss you.

The end.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:03 am
ErBear says...

This is wonderful. It sums up love... perfectly.

I don't really have much else to say. I know you may want grammar/spelling critiques, but there aren't really any that catch my eye.

It's such a right piece, if that makes any sense; it's the perfect combination of words to express the good, the bad, and the ugly of love. The words you used are pretty universal, but you still made them your own and made them apply to your personal relationship. And if this isn't coming from a personal experience, then you're very educated in love!

It doesn't even have to be romantic love.. it applies to all kinds of love: family, friends, everything.

Wonderful. (:

~Taylor
~formerly Ilovebubbles123

"There's only one thing
to do
three words
for you.
Ooh, I love you.

There's only one way
to say
those three words
that's what I'll do.
Ooh, I love you. "

For you.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:10 am
Cassie9960 says...

This was a good little story that basically describes love :) It was really good. I think you should try writing a novel or something like that hahaha you know what I mean :) Well great job!!!
Happy Writing!!!!!!
~Cassie9960~

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:46 am
borntoshop says...

I LOVE !
:D

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:30 am
pen says...

I liked it. Captures all those contradictory perceptions that come with passionate love.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:45 am
MandaPanda1031 says...

Very good, hope to hear more like it!

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:41 pm
strawberrypop13 says...

Wow... this is so good! It really sums up love, every aspect of it, from the crazy to the normal, right through. :) I can't see any obvious spelling or grammar mistakes.

This is such a personal yet open poem, it really strikes the reader's heart and makes them smile, laugh, think. I think that this is one of the best short love stories I have seen, so congratulations! Keep writing please :)

~strawberrypop13
there's footprints on the moon... so don't tell me the sky's the limit

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:20 pm
Nike says...

Hello! I review everything that has to do with Romance, I have no idea why but I'm pretty good at it ha-ha. Anyway, gettin' to the point here... your story here is amazing. The way you wrote it just shows character, personality, and feelings. This is perfectly written, no mistakes at all. But I was wondering, what's up with the word ropy? I don't even know what it means. Other than that little mistake... THIS IS AN AMAZING STORY!!!!

Keep Writing!

Nike :)
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

270 Reviews

Reviews: 270
Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:25 pm
fireheartedkaratepup says...

ohmahfruitcake. So good.

I love how you show the good and the bad--too many people, when romanticizing a person, gloss over their flaws.
I really just love this.
"Ok, Lolpup. You can be a girl worth fighting for."
--Pengu

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:08 pm
Elinor says...

Hi, Ninja!

So, this was a really interesting story. I like how it's simple and to the point, and it doesn't waste excess time describing emotions that you already nail so well. I like how you don't give the characters names and you leave it kind of vague, which makes it easier to relate to. That being said, I think you can add a little bit more detail!

Right now, you've got these three emotions, and while they're all very real to describe someone that you love, I don't get any sense of conflicting overlap from this piece.

You could just as easily be describing three different people. Instead of just describing specific traits, I would really like to see you get into a little bit more detail regarding specific situations in which these traits of his are applied. Basically, how is he stupid? How is creative? To link it more, maybe you could get more into a good situation that turns into a bad one, or vice-versa.

The ending is also a little bit confusing; what happened? Did he die? Did they break up? What exactly has the narrator learned from her relationship with this boy?

In three short paragraphs, you attempt to give us a sense of development of the main character, and while I can see it poke through a little, there's room for more. At the end, does she look back on how stupid she was for being shy, how naive she was for refusing the look at the negative traits of the boy?

Overall, I think that this a good piece. It's grammatically sound and you definitely know what you're writing about; the talent is there. Hope this review helps! Feel free to drop me a note if you have any questions.

~ Elinor

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:51 am
Jas says...

I love this entire thing.

<3
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:32 pm
Caerulean says...

Hello. :D Catchy title. xD

Sometimes seeing all of it is the highlight of my day.

- I think you should put a comma after 'Sometimes'.

I can see it when no one else is looking- you're lost in your own world...

- I think you should put a space before the dash here.

That emptiness- that’s how I feel when you’re not there.

- Same here about the dash.

- - - - - - -

You did a nice job laying out all of the emotions of the persona. :smt023 I love how 'brutally honest s/he was. :D It's the strongest point of the story. And I like the few bits of imagery you put here and there.

Nice job, and never stop writing!
“(...) and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf, The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:18 pm
Qoh16 says...

I liked this, you don't see love portrayed in society today like this, usually it is something that is glorified and something everyone wants. But this showcases the flaws and the things that sometimes happen with love. Structure and grammar wise, I really didn't see anything wrong. It was a joy to read. Keep Writing!! :D
~Life has a song for every moment in life. It is just the matter of finding the right one.~

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:49 pm
NathanielC says...

This is a story that so many people live out just about every day. But you've told it in an effective and creative way! Expressing that jumble of emotions that ball up in the pit of your stomach whenever you set your eyes on someone you love or care for dearly. Be it a love interest, a sibling or even a parent, people always stand at this viewpoint at some times in their lives. "Love You, Hate You, Miss You" Is almost a painting of that view. Nice work!
"I still hold on to foolish dreams, and bash in the grin of the villain in the mirror while I call myself a hero."
~Nathaniel.C

Random avatar

Reviews: 22
Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:01 pm
HessicaJolt says...

This reminded me of my best friend/boyfriend; Whom I love oh so much. Great job! I don't see anything grammar wise that you could change. The detailing was great, but if you added more it would make this THAT much better. Definitely keep writing forever :] You just gained a new follower.
Hess<3

May you never steal, lie, or cheat. But if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows. And if you must lie, then lie with me all the nights of your life. And if you must cheat, then please, cheat death.
— An Unknown Bride, Leap Year